European Statistical Forum 2014
17 Nov 2014 - 17 Nov 2014 - Brussels, Belgium
The EUROPEAN STATISTICAL FORUM is pleased to announce its 5th Annual Conference:
The current status of the application of Bayesian Methods in Drug Development
In the last years the biostatistics community has increased its interest in the application of Bayesian methodology in drug development as it provides a framework for determining probabilities relevant to inferences from current trials and previous knowledge.
Bayesian statistics has the potential to play an important role throughout the drug/device development process lifecycle and in particular in the decision-making process. Its range of applications contains early phase studies, dose-finding, safety analyses, meta-analyses, decision theory as well as the quantification of the benefits and risks essential to health economic evaluation. While the use of Bayesian methodologies has significantly increased in the recent years in exploratory clinical trials, its use in confirmatory clinical trials is still not common.
The fifth edition of the European Statistical Forum is dedicated to Bayesian Statistics, in particular by presenting:
- Current state-of-art implementation in clinical trials
- Recent enhancements in the methodology
- Regulatory perspectives on its application in clinical trials.
The conference aims at promoting the exchange of expertise in the field coming from academia and industry as well as regulators.
The Scientific Board:
- Jens-Otto Andreas, Director, Head Global Biostatistics EU Group, UCB BIOSCIENCES GmbH
- Lisa Comarella, Director, Biostatistics, Senior Project Manager, Cros NT Group
- Frank Fleischer, Global BCA, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG
- Giacomo Mordenti, Senior Director Compound Development & Branding-Head Biostatistics, Grünenthal
will share best practices, results and experiences in this field.
Who should attend?
The conference is addressed to Statisticians and Professionals with a deep interest in the application of Bayesian methodology in clinical trials belonging to: Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and related Industries, CROs, Academy, Hospital Centres, University.
Pre-Conference Dinner at Aux Armes de Bruxelles, Brussels
Sunday, 16th November, 7:30 pm
For further information, please visit: www.esforum.eu