European Algae Biomass 2013
24 Apr 2013 - 25 Apr 2013 - Vienna, Austria
Accelerating the Commercialisation of Algal Biomass Through Applied R&D and Business Strategy
ACI’s 3rd annual European Algae Biomass Conference will once again bring together senior executives from industry and academia to discuss the latest commercial and technical developments, challenges and research breakthroughs throughout the entire algae value chain.
The conference will have a heavy focus on case study examples of latest technologies in operation in the global algae industry and low-cost production of microalgae. Discussion will focus on technical challenges faced when optimising the cultivation of algae, the current and future commercial markets for algae products and the challenges faced during the commercialisation process including the views from three different end markets.
Key topics include:
• Commercial market analysis & forecasts
• Strain selection & genetic engineering
• The future for European algae biomass: View from diverse markets
• Algal culture systems: Latest developments from laboratory & field
• Harvesting, dewatering, drying & oil extraction: Maximising efficiency & reducing cost
• Commercial algae production: Case study examples
• Biofuel production & biorefining
• Algae-based CO2 capture
• Algae as an investment opportunity: An investor’s viewpoint