The POLARstar Omega is a multimode microplate reader with Tandem Technology and Simultaneous Dual Emission detection for fluorescent polarization. Tandem Technology consists of flexible, highly sensitive filter based detection coupled with ultra-fast UV/Vis spectrometer based absorbance. The proprietary spectrometer can capture full absorbance spectra (220 to 1000 nm) at a resolution of 1 nm and at times faster than 1 second per well.
Simultaneous Dual Emission (SDE) detection makes FP, FRET, and BRET assays faster and more precise because the POLARstar Omega does not have to switch filters or polarizers to read the second channel. Single channel FP microplate readers must read the microplate twice, but the POLARstar Omega collects both emission vectors simultaneously for a fantastic speed advantage.
• Ca2+ measurements (e.g. Ca2+flux with Fura-2, Indo-1, FLUO-3/4)
• Enzyme activity
• FRET/BRET assays
• Cell toxicity, proliferation and viability
• Protein and nucleic acid quantitation (e.g. Bradford, Lowry, DNA, 260/280)
• ATP quantification
• Immunoassays, ELISA
• Luciferase, dual luciferase, BRET with Simultaneous Dual Emission detection, DLReady™ certified
• ORAC and ABEL antioxidant assays
• Fluorescent proteins, including FRETs (e.g. CFP/YFP)
• TR-FRET assays, including HTRF® and LanthaScreen®
• AlphaScreen® Assays
POLARstar Omega, the multimode microplate reader for life science laboratories, offers the following detection modes:
• Fluorescence Polarization (FP) / Anisotropy - including Far Red PolarScreen™
• Fluorescence Intensity - including FRET
• Time-Resolved Fluorescence (TRF) - including DELFIA®
• TR-FRET - including HTRF® and LanthaScreen®
• High-Performance Luminescence (flash and glow) - including BRET
• UV/Vis Absorbance - measurement of complete spectra or individual wavelengths
Any POLARstar Omega can have the following features: top and bottom microplate reading, multi-chromatic detection, well scanning, sixteen filter positions, expanded temperature control up to 65°C, plate shaking, gas vent connection, onboard reagent injectors and much more.
Gas Control Capabilities
Using a proprietary Atmospheric Control Unit (ACU), the POLARstar Omega independently controls both the O2 (1-19%) and CO2 (0-20%) gas concentrations within the microplate reader chamber.
Stacker and robot compatibility
For medium level throughput, the POLARstar Omega can be equipped with a 50 plate Stacker with optional bar code reader. For even higher throughput, the POLARstar Omega can be integrated into all existing robotic systems via DDE or ActiveX interface.
The POLARstar Omega license-free software includes the Omega Reader Control and the MARS Data Analysis software. This highly intuitive software provides limitless possibilities for test set-up and data analysis, while also offering one-click, app-style application shortcuts for running routine tests and data analyses. During the measurement, it is possible to observe the data with the Real Time Graphics feature. While the Standard Curve Wizard creates an easy step-by-step calculation of a standard curve and the Template Manager is an excellent tool for building complex data processing protocols. With MARS, all data analysis is simply done with one click of the mouse.