The SuperSpinner D1000 is a fully disposable, pre-assembled and ready-to-use bioreactor for efficient lab scale cultivation of animal cells. Its main feature is a membrane aeration stirrer which enables controlled and gentle mixing, bubble free aeration while avoiding foam generation. The gassing membrane ensures higher oxygen transfer and thus optimal growth conditions and higher cell densities compared to standard spinner flasks.The SuperSpinner D1000 consists of a cultivation flask and a membrane aeration system that also functions as a stirrer. A hollow-fiber membrane is wound around the stirrer bar which contains a magnetic core driven by a magnetic drive unit. a membrane gas pump feeds ambient air through a sterile filter into the flask. The entire set-up is placed in an incubator.The SuperSpinner D1000 allows easy and safe in-place sampling, feeding and direct transfer of the cell suspension to a larger bioreactor. Additionally, the cultivation flask is compatible with standard centrifugation rotors.Altogether, the simple set-up, low component prices and operational costs, as well as the resulting productivity compared to standard cell cultivation techniques, provide fast and economic lab-scale production of recombinant proteins, monoclonal antibodies and biomass.
* Fully pre-assembled bioreactor – Gassing and agitation system as well as sampling and feeding ports already fixed to the flask. The complete set-up is disposable, sterile and ready-to-use
* High cell density – Due to efficient membrane-gassing & agitation high cell densities can be achieved
* Seed train bioreactor - Cell suspension can be transferred directly to lager bioreactor using the thermoplastic C-Flex tube and a BioWelder / BioSealer system
* Sampling in place – A clave adapter ensures safe & easy sampling in place during cultivation
* Feeding of supplements – Feeding is possible at any time of cultivation by using the spare port which is covered with a Luer-Lock connector
* Flask compatible to standard rotors – Centrifugation of the suspension can be carried out within the cultivation flask. Each SuperSpinner D1000 comes with an additional sterile screw cap
Product Description and Specifications
The SuperSpinner D1000 consists of a cultivation flask and a membrane aeration system that also functions as a stirrer. A hollow-fiber membrane is wound around the stirrer bar which contains a magnetic core driven by a magnetic drive unit. A membrane gas pump feeds ambient air through a sterile filter into the flask. The complete set-up is to be placed in an CO2 incubator.