The Tandem is now the affordable industry standard for dedicated exhaust gas analysis, for all lab, pilot and production applications.
The Tandem gas analyser offers you sophisticated CO2 and O2 gas measurement at a similar price to your other standard probes and sensors. Formerly the reserve of expensive equipment, you can now afford dedicated, individual, on-line monitoring and control of your processes. You gain the reliability and the flexibility required in your facility. At a time of squeezed capital budgets, the Tandem fits your needs.
Do you need a gas analysis?
How would you use the extra information?
How do you know whether you can gain from adding a Tandem to your process control equipment? If you are growing cells of any type in a bioreactor, you are likely to gain. To help you, the more of the statements below that apply to you, the more you can gain from gas analysis.
• I grow cells in a fermenter
• I take samples to make optical density, cell count or CDW readings
• I plot graphs of cell density or biomass, or calculate µ
• I want to reduce the number of samples I take
• I need to know glucose (or other substrate) uptake rates
• I need to know oxygen uptake rates
• I need to scale-up a bioprocess reliably to transfer to production
• I run a fed-batch process
• I run a continuous or steady-state process
• I want to know when my cells change their metabolism
• I want to reduce the amount of by-products produced by my cells
• I make ANY decision based on an off-line sample, e.g. induction, start of media or substrate feed, change of substrate, harvest etc.
• I need to characterise my process for validation work
If you are not sure of how to take advantage of gas analysis, please email us. We may have experience with your cell type and can help you. There is a surprising amount of knowledge you can get about your bioprocess from the Tandem, and most installations are relatively simple. However, you must have a computer attached to your fermenter - this the first step to improving your development times.