ISIC19. International Symposium on Industrial Crystallization
16 Sep 2014 - 19 Sep 2014 - Toulouse, France
The ISIC (International Symposium on Industrial Crystallization) series is organized by the Working Party on Crystallization of the European Federation of Chemical Engineering (EFCE). Like the previous editions, ISIC19 aims providing a unique opportunity exchange between scientists and engineers of all disciplines, academia and industry, and between novice and expert. ISIC 19 presents a broad overview of the science and technology of crystallization with contributions from all continents.
1. Fundamentals of crystallization science: thermodynamics, solubility and kinetics of crystallization, solution structure, nucleation, crystal growth, influence of impurities, agglomeration and breakage of crystals;
2. Characterization techniques of crystals and suspensions : rheology , crystal aggregation, small-angle X-ray scattering, Raman spectroscopy, image analysis tools, particle size analysis;
3. Process design, scale up, down stream processing, modelling, (multi-dimensional) population balances, monitoring techniques ; optimization and control of crystallization and precipitation processes; process analytical technologies, process control tools;
4. Product engineering : crystalline nano/micro-particles, polymorphs, co-crystals, solvates, chiral resolution;, molecular modelling, macromolecules, laser crystal growth, composites, biominerals;
5. Industrial challenges: crystallization in novel solvents, using multicomponent mixtures; spherical crystallization, melt crystallization, intensified crystallization using external fields or hybrid processes; crystallization fouling ; crystallization processes for sustainability ; novel crystallization equipment.