Analytical Challenges in Power Plants
07 Nov 2012 - 09 Nov 2012 - Metrohm International Headquarters, Herisau, Switzerland
Metrohm is pleased to invite customers and anyone interested to a three-day seminar dedicated exclusively to analytical challenges faced by the power generation industry. The seminar takes place November 7th – 9th, 2012 at Metrohm International Headquarters in Switzerland.
Participants will get to know the latest analytical solutions developed by Metrohm for the power generation industry and can test them in practice. There will be plenty of opportunities to exchange ideas and discuss questions with Metrohm’s application chemists as well as peers from the power generation industry. Guest speakers include specialists from Metrohm Applikon, Metrohm Autolab, Sigma-Aldrich, as well as professionals from the power generation industry. Applications covered include:
• Ultratrace analysis of copper and iron in boiler feed water
• Potentiometric determination of boric acid
• Coulometric water determination according to Karl-Fischer in insulating and lubricating oils
• Analysis of acid / base number in oils
• Analysis of corrosion indicators in water cycles (online solution)
• Fully automated determination of corrosion inhibitors in water cycles
• Determination of hydrazine via preconcentration technique in water cycles
• Analysis of halogens and sulfur in fuels and potentially corrosive products
Detailed information is available online from the «support» section on www.metrohm.com, where participants will also find a registration form.