2nd Reverse Phase Protein Array Global Workshop
12 Nov 2012 - 13 Nov 2012 - Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
- Challenges, needs, advantages and disadvantages associated with printing and detection
- Image acquisition, data processing and normalization
- Validating and sharing of Antibody data
- Alignment with "Proteomics Standard Initiative" (PSI) at HUPO
- New technologies showcase
- Pharmaceutical Discovery applications
- RPPA in management and analysis of clinical samples
- How to use RPA Data in the Clinic (i.e. PD Marker, Prognostic Marker and Predictive Marker):
- Launch : Global RPPA Society
The evolution of Reverse Phase Protein Array (RPPA ) technologies has facilitated the application of high-throughput functional proteomics in patient samples and preclinical drug screening with improved sensitivity and quantification to support the identification and analysis of post-translational biomarkers and pathway networks.
Advancing RPPA technology into mainstream basic research, drug discovery and clinical diagnostics applications will require improved consistency in methods and an expanded portfolio of validated antibody reagents and procedures that can be shared across the community.
Hosted by the University of Edinburgh, the second Reverse Phase Protein Array Global Workshop will bring together scientists from both academia and industry to discuss the latest technical advances and standards for generating and analysing results using Reverse Phase Protein Arrays.
The 2012 workshop shall also be used to launch a global RPPA society to support communication, data-sharing and ambitions of the RPPA community.