Genedata, a leading provider of advanced software solutions for drug discovery and life science research, has announced the release of Genedata BiologicsTM 2.5, the latest version of its enterprise solution for biologics R&D. The new Genedata Biologics features expanded functionality that improves process flexibility and enables high-throughput workflows in biologics screening, engineering, and production. Genedata Biologics is a first-in-class, off-the-shelf software solution for integrated data management and analysis of biologics R&D activities. The platform enables pharmaceutical and biotechnology R&D organizations to more efficiently discover and develop novel biotherapeutics.
Version 2.5 Addresses Key Challenges: Automation & Process Flexibility
"Biopharma R&D currently faces two major challenges," said Dr Othmar Pfannes, CEO of Genedata. "First, in response to the need for biologics R&D to increase throughputs, biopharmas require more automated processes. They need a scalable and integrated platform for processing and interpreting the resulting massive amount of biologics screening, engineering, and production data. With Genedata Biologics V2.5, we enable our customers to set-up and manage truly high-throughput discovery and development processes.
"The second challenge is dealing with process diversity, which requires a flexible IT platform to support different variants and flavors of technologies and R&D processes," continued Pfannes. "The latest release of Genedata Biologics provides a full-fledged infrastructure for rapid implementation of corporate-specific workflows and technologies such as next-generation antibody formats, proprietary antibody libraries and display systems, or custom expression workflows. Version 2.5 represents another milestone in realizing our strategic goal of making Genedata Biologics the data management platform of choice for modern and innovative biologics R&D."
Genedata Biologics Version 2.5: New Functionality Highlights
• Protein engineering: Extended sequence annotation capabilities include interfaces for registration of advanced custom annotation workflows for antibody engineering. This allows, for example, identification of unwanted mutations in specific Kabat positions, in addition to the standard scanning of undesired motifs (e.g. potential PTMs). This is key for advanced lead optimization, germ-lining, or humanization workflows.
• Molecular biology: Out-of-the-box sequence analysis workflows are included for high-throughput antibody reformatting (e.g. Fab-to-IgG) and other molecular biology activities. A fully automated antibody identity recovery engine supports bulk laboratory operations, such as bulk reformatting, general bulk sub-cloning, and bulk re-streaking.
• Antibody screening: Comprehensive antibody hierarchy reporting provides single-page reports showing all derived children clones and corresponding sequence and assay results, expression system changes, and molecule format changes (e.g. scFv to Fab to IgG). Extended workflow support also covers variants of hybridoma and B-cell workflows.
• Cell line development: Comprehensive cell line modeling is provided, including cell line hierarchies for protein production both for standard hosts and developed cell lines, support for cell line development campaigns, and ready access to key performance indicators of all cell lines and required culture protocol information.
• Protein expression: High-throughput protein expression sample processing, derived from fully automated expression instruments (e.g. in 24, 48 or 96 tube formats), and bulk upload functionalities enable registration and analysis of hundreds of expression and purification samples in one batch. This is particularly useful for uploading expression samples reflecting many molecule variants expressed under standard protocol conditions, or for evaluating expression efficiency for a few candidate molecules under different conditions (e.g. for media optimization or cell line development).
• APIs and configuration options: Genedata Biologics configuration layer has been significantly expanded. All ID and name assignments are now fully configurable via a transparent API mechanism, which allows easy configuration of Genedata Biologics to ensure adherence to corporate standard nomenclature for all entities.
Genedata Biologics V2.5 is available now and shipping directly from Genedata.