Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, has introduced a free Thermo Scientific Gene News mobile App for iPhone and Android devices, giving researchers unmatched access to important gene research in the palms of their hands. Scientists can spend less time searching for relevant information and more time on productive research.
“More than ever, students, scientists and researchers are turning to smartphones to search for the latest research data,” said Jeff Lee, commercial director for immunoassay products, Thermo Fisher Scientific. “The Thermo Scientific Gene News App makes it even easier and more convenient to access information that is relevant to their work. Researchers have the freedom to search an area of interest down to a specific gene or protein. The easy-to-use interface and the ability to share the content through email or social media ensure the app is a powerful tool in the laboratory.”
The Thermo Scientific Gene News App allows researchers to monitor articles and news related to their specific areas of interest through their smartphones, and also gives them the ability to:
• Access up-to-date gene research in an easy-to-read format
• Customize and bookmark search inquiries
• Save articles to read at a later time
• Personalize user preferences such as sorting searches by publication date, journal title, author and/or publication impact
• Search by keyword and preferred journals
• Share articles with friends and colleagues via email or social media (Facebook, Twitter)
The Thermo Scientific Gene News App is compatible with iPhone and Android platforms and is available now. Download the Gene News App for iPhone or the Gene News App for Android.