Umetrics announced the release of version 13.2 of SIMCA-online, a state of the art, off-the-shelf, Windows based software solution, for multivariate process monitoring and predictions for continuous and batch processes.
This latest release includes key features which continue to strengthen the capabilities of SIMCA-online including full visualization capability on portable devices such as tablets and smart phones and web browser visualization which complements the SIMCA-online Clients capability allowing remote process monitoring. Also new in version 13.2 is Discrete data/IPC (In Process Control) data – the ability to capture low frequency data at varying sampling times during batch evolution. In addition, interfaces for SIMCA-online have been certified for compliance by the OPC Foundation as the first and only multivariate software on the market, another step in making SIMCA-online the single point multivariate software solution for process monitoring, prediction and control.
SIMCA-online 13.2 allows simultaneous use of all of the following data types in one single solution for process monitoring, PAT, QbD and CPV (Continuous Process Verification) applications:
- Process data - continuous high frequency data e.g. once per second or once per minute. SIMCA-online connects to one or many sources such as OSIsoft® PI. System®
- Actuating variables – data from control system such as DCS, PLC, PID or similar, contains information of how a process is adjusted by its controllers.
- Analyzer data - from e.g. NIR or Raman. SIMCA-online connects to e.g. Bruker OPUS, SynTQ or SIPAT.
- Discrete data/IPC (In Process Control) data - low frequency data at varying sampling times during batch evolution.
- Batch data - where the system batch information such as start/stop is read from e.g. OSIsoft PI.Batch
- Batch condition data - static data e.g. raw material information, measurements on completed batches, intermediate results and recipe e.g. MES data for example from Werum PasX.