The worldwide orphan drug market is set to reach $127 billion by 2018, accounting for nearly 16 percent of total prescription drug sales, according to the recently released Orphan Drug Report 2013 from Evaluate.
To better serve its clients’ needs in regard to this growing segment of the pharmaceutical industry, Evaluate has enhanced its EvaluatePharma core product database to include in-depth, fact-based orphan drug analysis with data fields for integrated US, EU and Japan orphan drug designations.
The enhanced orphan drug content will be available to all EvaluatePharma service clients on June 20, 2013.
“As a company, we are focused on our clients’ success. This enhancement allows our clients to size and track the orphan drug market in order to make more informed, strategic decisions about portfolio strategy, growth opportunities and investments,” said Anthony Raeside, Head of Research at Evaluate.
EvaluatePharma has identified all products that have orphan drug designations filed in the US, EU or Japan, and has defined a clean ‘orphan’ sub-set of products through a fully transparent and documented methodology.
The new enhancement facilitates global analysis of the orphan drug R&D and commercial landscape - including the ability to:
• TRACK the orphan drug market via a transparent methodology
• MAKE orphan drug commercial assessments
• CONDUCT competitive intelligence including patent expiries and exclusivities
• SCREEN for orphan drug licensing opportunities by product, designation, indication
• BENCHMARK current and historical orphan drug deal terms and values
• IDENTIFY the future value of an orphan drug market via consensus sales forecasts
• KNOW the latest news and orphan drug designations and approvals