SoPRano™ is unique in enabling label-free SPR screening in solution using a standard absorbance plate reader, delivering rapid, cost effective, label-free assays for a broad range of applications:
• Small molecule screening (including fragment screening);
• Antibody screening and characterisation;
• ADME and physico-chemical property determination.
SoPRano works by using specifically functionalized gold nanoparticles in solution (e.g. coated with a target receptor or antibody) which exhibit Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance (LSPR), a variant of the proven SPR phenomenon. With LSPR, plasmons remain localized on individual nanoparticles and induce an absorbance band in the visible spectrum that shifts with the refractive index of the medium. This shift is readily quantifiable, such that when ligands interact with the functionalized nanoparticles they cause a reproducible absorbance change in the visible spectrum. As a result, SoPRano technology enables label-free screening on a standard absorbance plate reader.
SoPRano has many advantages that make it ideal for compound, fragment and antibody screening, as well as for high throughput ADME applications:
• Solution-based ‘mix-and-read’ assays
• 96- and 384-well compatible
• High sensitivity
• Potential for high throughput
• Requires only standard lab equipment – no expensive SPR instrument required!
• Cost effective
In summary, SoPRano™ is a label-free, high throughput and highly flexible early drug discovery technology, that is broadly enabling, cost effective and requires no capital investment.
Build-your-own assay kits
SoPRano ‘build-your-own’ assay kits for small molecule and antibody applications are available, based upon a versatile and easy to use charge adsorption conjugation process:
• CA-1 and CA-2 charge adsorption kits are available in 20, 100 and 500 ml sizes.
Additional coupling technologies are currently being developed.
The kits include colloidal gold nanoparticles and detailed protocols for conjugation and assay development, enabling you to couple your protein target or antibody and perform screens in your own labs. Kits are available in various sizes, from Starter Kits for preliminary assay development, through to large volume kits for higher throughput applications.
ADME and physico-chemical property kits
ADME and physic-chemical property kits are available for:
• Human Serum Albumin (HSA)
• Alpha-1-acid Glycoprotein (AGP)
• HSA and AGP combination kit, with calculation of Fraction Unbound (Fu)
• Redox Potential
The ready to use ADME kits include pre-conjugated gold nanoparticles and detailed protocols.
Contract research services
Our highly experienced team also provides bespoke services for:
• Assay development;
• ADME/physico-chemical assays