Researchers appreciate a pipette that is comfortable to hold and easy to use. Delivering on that promise, WHEATON has announced the availability of a new line of electronic pipettes.
Introducing Acura electro Pipettes, ergonomically engineered electronic pipettes designed to provide researchers with the highest level of comfort and precision.
The Acura electro Pipette product line consists of three models for an extended range of sample handling performance.
The Acura electro 926X model comprises seven micropipettes, ranging in volumes from 0.1 to 1000μL; the 936 models includes three macropipettes with volumes ranging from 0.1 to 10mL; and, the Acura electro 956 offers eight multichannel pipettes with dispensing volumes from 0.5 to 350µL in 8- or 12-channel configurations.
A unique feature of the electro line is that one control unit is capable of fitting on to any one of 27 volumetric assemblies, making electronic pipetting more affordable. Each microprocessor-controlled pipette features a lightweight design for maximum hand comfort and control.
• Intuitive interface. Programming one of the six working modes is easy with intuitive software control. The modes include Forward, Reverse, Stepper, Dilute, Mixing and Tactile.
The new Tactile mode simplifies gel loading and makes titration possible using a micropipette. Display information is reversible for right or left side reading.
• User-friendly. Tedious calibration procedures become obsolete with its swift-set user calibration system. Other user-friendly features include a pipetting cycle counter, an audible beep for switching on or off, a reduced shaft length on Acura electro 926XS micropipettes up to 1000µL, and the ability of the volumetric module to be autoclaved at 121°C.
• Easy tip ejection. The patented Justip™ height adjustment system permits for the optimal fitting and ejection of a wide selection of tips, and tip ejection becomes easier than ever due to the low-pressure activation button.
• Energy smart. When the pipettes remain unused, they automatically go into energy saving stand-by mode. The removable nickel metal hydride battery pack can be charged quickly on the convenient stand, which serves as a charging station. And battery charge level is clearly visible on the liquid crystal display.
• Quality and compliance. Acura electro pipettes are supplied with individual QC certificates, attesting to the strict factory control and excellent performance values obtained.
Manufactured in conformance with ISO 8655, IVD 98/79 EEC directives and CE safety guidelines, Acura pipettes are suitable for use in laboratories that observe international quality standards such as current Good Laboratory Practices (GLP). Each pipette comes with a two-year warranty.
“Working as we do with scientists and researchers, we felt the Acura electro electronic pipette was outstanding in meeting their needs for practical, useful management of their life’s work: the samples they work with everyday,” says Stephen R. Drozdow, president of WHEATON.
“The Acura electro pipette represents a new generation in electronic pipetting,” he added.