Vermillion, Inc. has reported the voting results from its annual meeting of its stockholders held December 12, 2013:
• Approved the reappointment of Peter S. Roddy as director
• Approved in an advisory vote the compensation of the company's named executive officers
• Ratified the appointment of BDO USA, LLP as the company's independent registered public accounting firm for the year ending December 31, 2013
• Approved an amendment to the company's 2010 Stock Incentive Plan to increase the number of shares authorized for issuance by 2.3 million and other related modifications
• Did not approve an amendment to the company's Certificate of Incorporation and Bylaws that would declassify the board of directors
"We are pleased that four of the five stockholder proposals passed by wide margins," commented Tom McLain, Vermillion's president and CEO. "The proposal to declassify the board of directors is considered "non-routine" and required 66.7% of all outstanding shares to vote for its adoption. While it was approved by more than 95% of the shares voted on this proposal, these votes represented only 58.4% of our total outstanding shares. The board believes declassification will enhance corporate governance and is important for our shareholders, so we plan to reintroduce this proposal at a later date."