Seegene Inc. has announced “MuDT™” technology, the industry’s first real-time PCR technology that will ignite a paradigm shift in the PCR instrument market.
By doubling the multiplexing capacity of any existing real-time PCR instrument, MuDT™ will maximize the value of the installed base of real-time PCR instruments.
MuDT™ technology will be unveiled at the 2014 Clinical Lab Expo of the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC), held in Chicago from July 29 to 31.
The biotechnology industry has relied on real-time PCR, the gold standard in molecular diagnostics, due to its versatility, speed and ease of use. Despite many attempts over the past 20 years, the biotechnology industry has not made significant advances that satisfy the growing demand for increased multiplexing and target quantification using limited numbers of channels in a single tube.
Even melt curve analysis after amplification has many drawbacks, such as end-point analysis after amplification, extended turnaround time, lack of quantification and melt temperature variation due to target sequence variations on probe binding regions.
MuDT™ technology can be applied to any existing real-time PCR instrument and transforms it into a more powerful system by doubling its multiplexing capacity without upgrading the hardware.
Additional benefits of MuDT™ technology include:
• Easier detection of multiple targets in a single channel without requiring melt curve analysis after amplification.
• SNP genotyping (homozygous wild type or mutant, or heterozygous) in a single channel.
• Identification and quantification of multiple mutations at the same time in a single tube.
• Economical approach for high multiplexing and quantification by doubling channel availability.
• Freedom from well-to-well and instrument-to-instrument variations.
“MuDT™ is an extremely powerful technology that maximizes the usage of any existing real-time PCR instrument and that will re-invigorate the real-time PCR based market," said Dr. Chun, Jong-Yoon, Founder, CTO and CEO of Seegene. “By adopting MuDT™ technology, real-time PCR companies will be able to add great value and competitiveness to their current instruments.”