PCG-SCMP Powder Diffraction and Rietveld Refinement School 2012
25 Mar 2012 - 29 Mar 2012 - Durham University, Durham, England
The 2012 PCG-SCMP Powder Diffraction and Rietveld Refinement School will be held at the University of Durham from the 25th of March (Sunday) to 29th of March (Thursday).
The following topics will be covered:
* Data collection strategies for X-ray and neutron diffraction
* Constant wavelength and time of flight diffraction
* Modelling peak shapes
* Indexing powder patterns
* Rietveld, Le Bail and Pawley fitting methods
* X-ray and neutron combined Rietveld refinement
* Extended solids and molecular systems
* Restrained refinements
* Rigid body refinements
The fee for the course will be £150 for students, £200 for University delegates and £400 for industrial delegates. The application deadline is on the 13th January 2012 with all payments due by 26th February 2012.