Professional Practice in Clinical Chemistry: Essential Knowledge and Tools for Working in Today's Clinical Lab
28 Apr 2013 - 02 May 2013 - San Diego, CA, USA
Would you like to advance your knowledge and skills to continue thriving in today’s clinical laboratory environment? If yes, register today for this popular event which has been regarded as the most comprehensive professional course on clinical chemistry and related topics for over 20 years!
An expert faculty will present practical information, and there will be interactive case-solving sessions aimed to reinforce key concepts and tools. There will also be plenty of time for meeting with colleagues and establishing new contacts.
Those who “must attend” this program include laboratory medicine physicians, directors, managers, supervisors, technologists, residents, fellows, industry professionals, and others seeking to expand their knowledge and skills in clinical laboratory testing.
The course content level will be intermediate, therefore, the program will be geared toward participants who have a basic knowledge of current theory and practice of clinical chemistry, and who wish to increase their competence and skills in the newest principles and practices in the field.
After attending this course, you should be able to:
- Describe major sources of preanalytical error and design corrective protocols, including those for patient preparation and appropriate specimen collection.
- Describe laboratory statistical concepts and utilize laboratory mathematics to appropriately define normal reference intervals and other common quantitative measurements.
- Utilize management principles and tools towards ensuring effective lab operations and systems.
- Designate tests appropriate for assessing the health status of each of the major organ systems.
- Through case studies, examine patient data to assess the status of major organ systems and suggest other tests that are useful for elucidating related clinical issues.
The course is being presented by the American Association for Clinical Chemistry, Inc.