Principles, Parameters and applications of PCR
21 Oct 2013 - 21 Oct 2013 - Avans University, Breda, the Netherlands
Aim of the course:
This short course aims at training the participant in the basic principles and applications of the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) and real-time PCR. The program consists of a series lectures and experiments covering all basic PCR topics like efficiency, fidelity and specificity of the PCR reaction.
This course is developed as an introduction to the PCR and especiall suitable as a basic introduction to our advanced course on Real-time PCR in molecular diagnostics (2548). Basic knowledge of molecular biology in general is desirable.
- Principles of DNA amplification technologies; The biochemical and physical aspects of the PCR
- Principles, parameters, and design of (real-time) PCR primers
- Principles and parameters of detection of PCR products
- Principles of Real-time PCR; detection formats, assay formats
- PCR contamination prevention
- Real-time PCR dilution series and melting curve analysis:
- Optimization and determination of the sensitivity of real-time PCR with SybrGreen
- Optimization and determination of the sensitivity of real-time PCR with Hybridisation probes
Registration fee: € 400,- The fee includes course materials and lunch
Location: Avans Hogeschool, Lovensdijkstraat 61, Breda, The Netherlands route description
This course can be combined with the advanced course on Real-Time PCR in molecular Diagnostics.
Course fee of a combined registration (2545 + 2548) is € 1.200,-