Powder Diffraction and Rietveld Refinement School
30 Mar 2014 - 03 Apr 2014 - Durham, UK
The 2014 Powder Diffraction and Rietveld Refinement School will be held at the University of Durham from Sunday 30th March to Thursday 3rd of April. Lectures will be given by Jeremy Cockcroft, Andy Fitch, John Evans and Ivana Evans. There will also be small group tutorials and a large number of hands-on practical computer sessions.
Topics covered will include:
Magnetic refinements will not be explicitly covered.
- Data collection strategies for X-ray and neutron diffraction
- Constant wavelength and time of flight diffraction
- Modelling peak shapes
- Indexing powder patterns
- Rietveld, Le Bail and Pawley fitting methods
- X-ray and neutron combined Rietveld refinement
- Extended solids and molecular systems
- Restrained refinements
- Rigid body refinements