Greiner Bio-One has expanded its microplate product portfolio by a new 96 well microplate for advanced microscopy and high content screening. SCREENSTAR is a new generation microplate which combines the excellent performance of plastic in cell culture applications with glass-like optical resolution and image quality. Manufactured entirely of cycloolefin, an innovative resin with advanced optical properties, the SCREENSTAR microplate features a black pigmented frame with a 190 μm ultra-clear film bottom. The microplate design facilitates use of high magnification objectives with a low working distance and is ideally suited for microscopy with oil or water immersion objectives.
The microplate's key advantage over other plates for high-resolution microscopy is the extremely short distance between the well bottom and the microplate skirt (internal well to skirt bottom = 0.7 mm; external well to skirt bottom = 0.51 mm), rendering ease of high magnification microscopy at perimeter wells without complex microscopic adjustments.
A round well design allows microscopic work without disturbing shadows. The microplate frame has a perimeter ditch which can be filled with water or medium in order to reduce edge effects due to evaporation, especially during long incubation times. The proven Greiner Bio-One cell culture treatment guarantees reliable and uniform cell attachment and cell growth and stands for excellent performance in cell culture applications.
The 96 well SCREENSTAR plate is available in black with a 190 μm clear film bottom, cell culture treated, sterile, with lid, individually packed. The microplate well bottoms are protected by a film that must be removed prior to use. The identical microscopy plate is additionally available with a glass bottom.
• Black pigmented cycloolefine frame with a 190 µm ultra-clear film bottom
• Dimensions conform with ANSI recommendations for ease of automation
• Recessed well bottoms enable low working distances and complete periphery access in high-resolution microscopy with oil or water immersion objectives
• Thin film bottom (190 μm) compatible with specifications of commercially used microscopic objectives for perfected focusing
• Round well geometry minimizes optical distortions
• Ditch at the perimeter can be filled with fluids to minimize edge effects and evaporation
• Reduced autofluorescence and absorption in the lower UV for superior data quality
• Cell culture treatment and sterility (SAL10-3) assures exceptional performance in cell-based assays
• Protective film on optical bottom to diminish airborne contamination and surface defects
• Individually wrapped plate with lid and easy-to-open packaging, sterile
• Packaging: 1 in a bag, 16 in a case
About Greiner Bio-One:
Greiner Bio-One GmbH specialises in the development, production and distribution of plastic laboratory products. The company is a technology partner for universities, research institutes and the diagnostic, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. With its BioScience division, Greiner Bio-One ranks among the leading providers of specialist products for cultivating and analyzing cell and tissue cultures and microplates for high-throughput screening, enabling high-speed, efficient drug screening for industry and research. Additionally Greiner Bio-One develops innovative biochip technologies for genotyping.