|MAB Discovery Technology: A Smart Way to Highly Diverse and Functional Therapeutic Antibodies|
MAB Discovery GmbH developped a highly integrated process which provides diverse antibodies by starting with a high number of B cells and filtering the relevant antibodies by an early-on functional screening.
|PRESEPSIN, A SOLUBLE CD14-SUBTYPE, A POSSIBLE NEW BIOMARKER INCREASES IN SEPTIC PATIENTS’ PLASMA FROM PEDIATRIC DEPARTMENT.|
Hayato YAMAGUCHI1), Satoshi KIMURA1), Seiji FUKUOKA1), Emiko NAKAMA1), Hideyasu OTO2), Makoto INOUE2), Takashi SOGA2), Shigetaka KITAZAWA2), Yoh UMEDA2)
Increased plasma concentration of soluble CD14-subtype (presepsin) was observed in pediatric patients with bacteremia. Presepsin could be a possible biomarker of sepsis in pediatric patients, however, their reference interval in children could be lower than that of adults. More studies with larger number of samples are required to confirm the result.
|DETERMINATION OF HOMOCYSTEINE THIOLACTONE IN URINE BY FIELD AMPLIFIED SAMPLE INJECTION AND SWEEPING MEKC METHOD WITH UV DETECTION|
Paulina Furmaniak, Pawel Kubalczyk, Kamila Borowczyk, Rafal Glowacki
* The procedure does not overload the capillary and has positive effect on the increase in peak hight,
* The method allows about 70-fold increase in method sensitivity,
* The limits of detection and quantification are 0.1 nmol and 0.09 nmol of Hcy-thiolactone in 1 mL of urine, respectively,
* Presented assay can be used for the determination of Hcy-thiolactone in biological samples.
|CAPILLARY ELECTROPHORESIS OF APIGENIN|
Paulina Furmaniak, Pawel Kubalczyk, Rafal Glowacki
* Application of an appropriate mode of extraction allowed to use on-line stacking method for the determination of apigenin in plant extracts,
* The low limit of detection was 5 nmol in 1 mL of plant extract,
* Presented procedure allows approximately 20-fold increase of sensitivity,
* Elaborated assay can be useful for the determination of apigenin in biological samples.
|HIGH-PERFORMANCE LIQUID CHROMATOGRAPHY METHOD FOR DETERMINATION OF LIPOIC ACID IN THE FORM OF 2-S-PYRIDINIUM DERIVATIVE|
Chwatko G. (1), Krawczyk M. J. (1), Iciek M. (2), Bilska-Wilkosz A. (2), Marcykiewicz B. (3), Glowacki R. (1)
* The method can be used for routine clinical monitoring of LA in human plasma and urine.
* The method was validated for urine and plasma samples.
* The imprecision, expressed as relative standard deviation value, were within range 0.8-7.7% and 0.9-6.2% for plasma and urine samples, respectively.
* The analytical recovery were from 97.3 to 117.0% for plasma and from 96.5% to 111.5% for urine samples.
|APPLICATION OF LIQUID CHROMATOGRAPHY WITH UV DETECTION FOR DETERMINATION OF PLANT GROWTH REGULATOR IN COMMON PLANT FERTILIZERS|
Borowczyk K., Wyszczelska-Rokiel M., Stachniuk J., Chwatko G., Glowacki R.
1. The methodology allows facile and accurate determination of IBA in common plant fertilizer samples.
2. The analytical figures of linearity, precision and recovery shown during the method validation procedure are well within the criteria for biological sample analysis.
3. In temperature -18, 4 and 25 °C the analyte stays stable for 6 h.
4. The assay should help in control of phytohormones concentration in plants and fertilizers.
|INTERACTION BETWEEN WHEY PROTEIN NANOPARTICLES AND FATTY ACIDS |
Hassan, Z.M.R*, Awad R. A.*, El-Sayed, M. M. **, Mevat I. Foda**, Otzen, D.*** and Heba H. Salama**
Nanocomplexes can be formed from WPI with good cytotoxic effect to tumer cells using cis-vaccenic and linolenic fatty acids comparable to oleic acid. It was a new interesting observation being that the nanocomplexes formed of WPI with fatty acids has a comparable cytotoxcisty to that of a-LA and ß-lg and can be used in tumor therapy.
|A Rapid and Effective Tool for Monitoring Monoclonal Antibody Production|
B. Bhullar, Ph.D., Carlina Hui, B.Sc., M. Hariharan, M.Sc., J. Hewitt, B.Sc , and N. Vats, Ph.D.
Monoclonal antibodies (Mab) are used in a variety of fields from diagnostics to therapeutics. Manufacturers of in vitro diagnostics (IVD) commonly use third-party suppliers to meet their needs for specified monoclonal antibodies.
|Examination of Pesticide Residues in Wine, Beer and Their Constituent Products Using High-Throughput Techniques to Maximize Extraction & Efficiency|
Patricia Atkins, Matt Snyder
In this study, commercial red wine and beer samples were examined for their pesticide concentrations.