Stonebond Technologies' EE-LIMS MAID is a Microarray Information Database project powered by Stonebond Technologies' Enterprise Enabler architecture. EE-LIMS MAID is a web-based system designed to automate information flows. It deploys reusable components in a Micro Array Facility, Transgenic Mouse Facility and Tissue Culture core.
EE-LIMS automates the entire microarray core facility services process in lab research. The Microarray Information Database (MAID) system, powered by Enterprise Enabler, streamlines and automates the flow, storage and access of information, allowing researchers and administrators to use a single integrated system for submitting and monitoring research requests, processing billing, and providing resources for tracking and analyzing sample and project data.
• Flexibility to handle any database and system architecture.
• Internet browser interface for paperless remote submittal and real-time status check of requests.
• Remote access to downloadable results upon request completion.
• Multi-level security system discerns authority levels of users involved in the workflow (i.e.,
management, administrators, lab technicians.)
• Single entry of lab data and notes, saving time and reducing errors.
• Securing scientific data electronically for easy access and use in future projects by authorized users.
• Captures and manages complex internal cross charging and billing processes.
• Minimum Information About a Microarray Experiment (MIAME) compliant at sample and project
level allowing tracking of sample data during and after tests (i.e. type, organism, growth conditions,
strain line genotype, disease state, cell line, treatment, extraction technique)
• Ad hoc extraction of data for grant analysis and preparation and other analysis.
• Persisted Affymetrix GeneChip data files immediately available, including experiment information
file, cell intensity file, chip file, report file, and experiment information file.