Principles. Parameters and Applications of PCR
23 Oct 2012 - 23 Oct 2012 - Breda, Netherlands
The program consists of a series lectures and experiments covering all basic PCR topics like efficiency, fidelity and specificity of the PCR reaction.
This course is developed as an introduction to the PCR and especially suitable as a basic introduction to our advanced course on Real-Time PCR in Molecular Diagnostics. Basic knowledge of molecular biology in general is desirable.
- Principles of DNA amplification technologies
- Principles, parameters and design of (real-time) PCR primers
- Principles and parameters of detection of PCR products
- Principles of Real-time PCR; detection formats, assay formats
- PCR contamination prevention