GE Healthcare to Host ‘Current Trends in Microcalorimetry and Biacore Symposium’
News Jun 22, 2009
GE Healthcare, a unit of General Electric Company, will host ‘Current Trends in Microcalorimetry and Biacore Symposium 2009’, on October 18-21 at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel, Baltimore, MD, USA.
The symposium offers delegates an exciting opportunity for exchange and discussion on all the latest developments in label-free molecular interaction analysis.
This symposium brings together two previously held events, ‘Current Trends in Microcalorimetry’ (previously hosted by MicroCal, now part of GE Healthcare) and ‘Biacore Symposium’ (also known as DiPIA). The meeting is expected to attract around 300 delegates involved in functional characterization of biomolecular stability and interactions.
The event will feature a series of in depth oral presentations and poster sessions from leading scientists in industry and academia, as part of scientific sessions organized around five main topic areas:
• Systems Biology & Proteomics.
• Speaker - Richard Kriwacki, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital: “Functional mechanisms of disordered proteins; Insights from ITC, SPR and other methods”
• Nucleic Acids & Glycoproteins.
• Small-Molecule Drug Discovery & Development.
• Keynote speaker - Ernesto Freire, Johns Hopkins University: "Thermodynamic rules for the optimization of drug candidates."
• Biotherapeutics Discovery & Development
• Speaker - Stephen Demarest, Biogen Idec: "Mechanism of action studies of anti-insulin-like growth factor antibodies using MicroCal™ ITC200 and Biacore™ to develop a Best-in-Class biotherapeutic."
• Speaker - Muralidhara Bilikallahalli, Pfizer: “Unique applications of Isothermal Titration Calorimetry in formulation and development of biologics”
• Novel Methods for Biophysical Characterization of Biomolecular Interactions.
Participants will be able take part in detailed tutorials addressing the use of MicroCal and Biacore instrument platforms, as well as educational workshops such as "Working with Small Molecules and Fragments" and "Techniques for Protein Expression and Purification".
8th Edition of International Conference and Exhibition on Separation Techniques
Jul 29 - Jul 30, 2019
2nd International Conference on Biological & Pharmaceutical Sciences
Jul 12 - Jul 13, 2019