Pittcon Recognizes Outstanding Achievements in Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy
News Nov 28, 2013
The Pittcon 2014 Program Committee is pleased to announce the recipients of nine prestigious awards honoring scientists who have made outstanding contributions to analytical chemistry and applied spectroscopy. Each award will be presented during a symposium at Pittcon 2014, March 2-6, at McCormick Place, Chicago, Illinois.
Presentations will include topics in applications such as bioanalytical, nanotechnology, genomics/proteomics, fuels/energy, environmental and materials. Methodologies include near infrared spectroscopy, molecular and vibrational spectroscopy; mass spectrometry; capillary electrophoresis; electrochemistry; liquid chromatography and microfluidics/ lab-on-a- chip.
Awards and recipients are:
- Pittsburgh Spectroscopy Award, Geraldine L. Richmond, University of Oregon
- Pittsburgh Analytical Chemistry Award, Richard M. Crooks, University of Illinois
- Pittsburgh Conference Achievement Award, Benjamin Garcia, University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine
- ACS Division of Analytical Chemistry Award for Young Investigators in Separation Science, Michael Roper, Florida State University
- Chromatography Forum of the Delaware Valley Dal Nogare Award, Mary J. Wirth, Purdue University
- SEAC - Charles N. Reilley Award, Joseph Hupp, Northwestern University
- SEAC - Young Investigator Award, Stephen Maldonado, University of Michigan
- Ralph N. Adams Award, Mark E. Meyerhoff, University of Michigan
- The Coblentz Society - Williams Wright Award, Walter M. (Mike) Doyle, Axiom Analytical, Inc
Complete details and bios can be found below.
Nobel Prize for Chemistry 2017 Honors a Cool Revolution in BiochemistryNews
Cryo-EM allows the study of biomolecules at atomic resolution prepared under cryogenic conditions.READ MORE
Personal Omics Data Informative for Precision Health and Preventive CareNews
Multi-omics profiling, the measurement and analysis of a person’s genome along with other biomolecular traits, is an important step toward personal health management that provides valuable, actionable information.READ MORE