Setaram High Temperature Workshop
News Mar 10, 2009
Setaram Inc, a manufacturer and supplier of high performance thermal analyzers, calorimeters, gas sorption and high pressure mass spectroscopy instruments for challenging and demanding applications has announced a High Temperature Workshop being held in September.
SETARAM with the collaboration of Prof. A. NAVROTSKY of the UC Davis Peter A. Rock Thermochemistry Laboratory will present a two day workshop to cover the latest information and technology for the high temperature challenges in thermal analysis, calorimetry and gas sorption.
This workshop will be held directly before HTMC-XIII, the IUPAC Conference on High Temperature Materials Chemistry.
September 13th and 14th.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, DAVIS.
Topics will include :
• High temperature thermal analysis applications
• High temperature Calvet microcalorimetry applications and possible new instrumentation
• Setaram high temperature thermal analysis line
• UC Davis Peter A. Rock Thermochemistry Laboratory Visit
• Calorimetric applications on solid electrolytes and other energy related material
• Energy related applications of the volumetric technique.
The TMEM16 family of membrane proteins was hailed as representing the elusive calcium-activated chloride channels. However, the majority of the family members turned out to be scramblases, proteins that shuffle lipids between both sides of a lipid membrane, some also with non-selective ion conductance. In a new study, researchers have shown what the structures of these proteins reveal about their function.READ MORE