Setaram High Temperature Workshop
News Mar 10, 2009
Setaram Inc, a manufacturer and supplier of high performance thermal analyzers, calorimeters, gas sorption and high pressure mass spectroscopy instruments for challenging and demanding applications has announced a High Temperature Workshop being held in September.
SETARAM with the collaboration of Prof. A. NAVROTSKY of the UC Davis Peter A. Rock Thermochemistry Laboratory will present a two day workshop to cover the latest information and technology for the high temperature challenges in thermal analysis, calorimetry and gas sorption.
This workshop will be held directly before HTMC-XIII, the IUPAC Conference on High Temperature Materials Chemistry.
September 13th and 14th.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, DAVIS.
Topics will include :
• High temperature thermal analysis applications
• High temperature Calvet microcalorimetry applications and possible new instrumentation
• Setaram high temperature thermal analysis line
• UC Davis Peter A. Rock Thermochemistry Laboratory Visit
• Calorimetric applications on solid electrolytes and other energy related material
• Energy related applications of the volumetric technique.
'Royal' Pheromone Identified in TermitesNews
Researchers have for the first time identified a specific chemical used by the higher termite castes – the queens and the kings – to communicate their royal status with worker termites. The findings could advance knowledge of termite evolution, behavior and control.READ MORE
Making Fragrances Last LongerNews
From floral perfume to fruity body wash and shampoos, scents heavily influence consumer purchases. But for most, the smell doesn’t last long after showering before it fades away. Scientists have now developed a way to get those fragrances to stick to the skin longer instead of washing down the drain immediately after being applied.READ MORE