Thermo Fisher Scientific Wins Five R&D 100 Awards
News Jul 19, 2013
“We take pride in providing our customers with advanced technologies to solve their most difficult challenges,” said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. “This recognition of our commitment to innovation highlights the success of those efforts across our analytical technologies portfolio.”
The Thermo Fisher winners are:
• Thermo Scientific TruNarc analyzer, a handheld device that allows narcotics officers, customs agents and other law enforcement professionals to analyze narcotics and drugs of abuse at the scene, without the need to open packages or touch the substance in question.
• Thermo Scientific Nicolet iS50 spectrometer, the first research-grade Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) spectroscopy workstation with one-touch automation. The iS50 enables users of various skill levels to obtain results at the push of a button in applications ranging from drug and polymer development to forensic analysis and art conservation.
• Thermo Scientific iCAP Q, an inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS) system designed to be a rugged workhorse instrument for environmental, clinical research, pharmaceutical, food safety, metals and geochemical laboratories conducting both routine and complex elemental analyses.
• Thermo Scientific EASY-Spray, which combines a separation liquid chromatography column, heater, high-voltage electrode and emitter into one ready-made assembly for protein and peptide mass spectrometry analysis. A unique connector design significantly reduces the risk of leaks when studying peptides and other biomolecules.
• Thermo Scientific Dionex ICS-4000, the first integrated high-pressure ion chromatography (HPIC) system that combines three detectors – electrochemical, charge, and conductivity – in a small footprint occupying minimal bench space for use in environmental, food and beverage, chemical and pharmaceutical analyses.
Thermo Fisher has been recognized for more than 50 products since the inception of the R&D 100 awards program in 1963.
Thermo, SRI International Collaborate to Enhance Small Molecule ResearchNews
Thermo set to collaborate with SRI International to combine results of Orbitrap LC/MS experiments with organism-specific metabolic pathway and genome data to improve small molecule research and analysis.READ MORE
Agilent Technologies Acquires Raman Spectroscopy Innovator, Cobalt Light SystemsNews
Agilent Technologies obtains Cobalt Light Systems and will provide Raman spectroscopic instruments for the pharmaceutical industry, applied markets and public safety.
One-step Protein Purification Achieves High Yields, Purity and ActivityNews
A novel method to improve the high-yield, high-purity, high-activity purification of complex proteins by 10- to 500-fold has been developed at the University of Alabama at BirminghamREAD MORE
Comments | 0 ADD COMMENT
18th International Conference and Exhibition on Analytical & Bioanalytical Chromatographic Techniques
Nov 02 - Nov 03, 2017
8th Edition of International Conference on Mass Spectromerty
Mar 12 - Mar 13, 2018