AB SCIEX Advances the ‘Democratization’ of Mass Spectrometry for Applied Sciences
Product News Jun 14, 2013
Automation, ease of use and balancing capabilities with lower cost are at the top of the list of priorities for laboratory technicians in search of faster, more accurate answers in applied sciences, according to food safety testing, environmental and clinical research analysts who attended the AB SCIEX Users Meeting in Minneapolis.
Addressing these priorities in laboratories across applied sciences, AB SCIEX is unveiling a series of new tools at the American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) conference (#asms).
They are expected to help advance the increasing ubiquity of mass spectrometry in a wider range of applications and industries.
In addition, AB SCIEX is working with Beckman Coulter Life Sciences to bring a new level of automation to mass spectrometry workflows.
“The demand for mass spectrometry is the greatest it has ever been,” said Rainer Blair, President of AB SCIEX. “We are taking higher-end mass spectrometry technologies and workflows typically used for complex analysis and are driving them into routine analysis through easier-to-use methods and state-of-the-art software. AB SCIEX is leading the way to make mass spectrometry more accessible.”
Mass spectrometry has proven to be transformative for laboratories in the applied markets that, for example, need to eliminate false negatives as well as false positives in compound or contaminant screening.
The accuracy, speed and quality of data generated from mass spectrometry workflows are verifiable under the most stringent scrutiny, whether by industry surveillance bodies, government agencies or a court of law.
By reducing the complexity and lowering the barriers to adoption of LC/MS, AB SCIEX is helping to advance the proliferating use of this technology for scientific analysis.
This week at the ASMS conference, AB SCIEX is highlighting new solutions, workflows and services geared specifically for routine analysis. New tools include:
• Doubling throughput and improving data quality to identify more compounds with a new MPX™ solution
• Significantly improving the ability to identify known and unknown contaminants with a new software package called MasterView™ Software, featuring automatic compound ID, new comprehensive accurate mass spectral libraries and efficient data review and reporting
• Expanding the Eksigent LC product portfolio with the new Eksigent®ultraLC 110 system
New services include:
• Targeted support for labs on a tight budget with the new “AB SCIEX Connect” service which will provide immediate phone and online support, backed by guaranteed onsite response times
• Software maintenance support with the new service called “AB SCIEX Software Maintenance” which allows labs to easily choose the software portfolio that best covers their applications
• Access to a range of self-support tools, including a comprehensive and expanding range of training modules, with the new service called “AB SCIEX Online”
As the market leader in LC/MS technologies, AB SCIEX offers a wide range of mass spectrometry solutions, which are on display at the ASMS conference this week.
Among its latest instruments for routine analysis are the AB SCIEX 4500 series, the TripleTOF® 4600 System and Eksigent analytical flow LC systems.