ACD/Labs Highlights its Mixture Analysis Software Capabilities at PITTCON 2016
Product News Mar 14, 2016
ACD/Labs has announced it will introduce a set of new mixture analysis capabilities to its ACD/ChemAnalytical Workbook and ACD/Spectrus Platform. For more than a decade ACD/Labs’ software solutions have been used for analysis of complex chemical mixtures in a variety of industries including, but not limited to, pharmaceuticals, coatings, petroleum and lubricants, polymers, food and beverages, and environmental elements.
With the introduction of these new capabilities, specifically in the areas of optical spectroscopy, powder diffraction, thermal methods, and NMR, ACD/Labs has established its ACD/ChemAnalytical Workbook as the primary tool for professionals dedicated to mixture analysis, with additional capabilities available on the ACD/Spectrus Platform. Available mid-2016, the enhanced capabilities offered by these updates include:
• Faster and more confident decision-making through review and analysis of all analytical data in a single, vendor agnostic, live data environment.
• More efficient sample deconvolution through simulated chromatographic method optimization.
• Deeper understanding of data through cluster analysis and data mining for IR, Raman, NMR, XRPD data, and more.
• The ability to resolve and extract pure components for optical spectroscopy.
• Identification of components by semi-automated GC/MS and Manual Mixture Analysis for NMR.
“Simply put, if you analyze mixtures, you spend time aggregating data generated from different analytical techniques and instruments,” says Michael Boruta, solutions manager, ACD/Labs. “With the latest updates to the ACD/ChemAnalytical Workbook and ACD/Spectrus Platform, scientists are able to avoid these time consuming processes and significantly reduce the inconvenience of manual interventions required with other products and approaches.”