ACD/Spectrus Processor: Spend More Time on Synthesis and Less on Interpretation
Complete the form below to unlock access to ALL audio articles.
ACD/Spectrus Processor is designed to enable chemists to perform quick and confident data interpretation and structure confirmation at their desktop. Handling analytical chemistry data from a broad range of techniques in one intuitive interface, with an array of industry tested interpretation algorithms in the background, ACD/Spectrus Processor will be an invaluable resource for chemists who contend with NMR, LC/MS, and other analytical data as a continual consequence of their mandate.
Beyond the benefit to the chemists, organizations adopting ACD/Spectrus Processor can also leverage chemical knowledge accumulated over time by allowing chemists the ability to search knowledgebases of legacy analytical data, further increasing efficiency.
As part of the corporate informatics infrastructure, ACD/Spectrus Processor can link analytical chemistry information with Electronic Lab Notebooks (ELNs) or other software systems. Use it as part of an automated interpretation and reporting setup to facilitate the handling of routine samples. This mitigates the heavy workload of spectroscopists, giving them time to focus on more complex and challenging projects.
With ACD/Spectrus Processor, a single interface at their desktops, chemists are able to:
• View, Process, or Re-Process analytical data from multiple techniques (NMR, LC/MS, IR, Chromatography, and others), for most major instrument types
• Confirm proposed chemical structures with increased confidence using the assistance of the background spectral assignment algorithms
• Identify the samples that require additional analysis or manual review
• Access content databases of analytical data offered by ACD/Labs or created within their own organization
• Report with the click of a button, to print, email, or upload to electronic notebooks or other corporate software systems
As part of the organizations’ informatics system, ACD/Spectrus Processor will:
• Automate routine analytical data processing
• Integrate with the IT software infrastructure for handling and storage of chemical information
"ACD/Labs has built its reputation in the analytical chemistry field with our powerful tools for handling complex spectroscopy and chromatography projects, and for analytical and chemical knowledge management," says Daria Thorp, President of ACD/Labs. "The new Spectrus Processor offers chemists expert advice, citing the data supporting its reasoning, and guiding the user towards fast but confident structure verification. It also integrates analytical chemistry into the very fiber of the company’s knowledge management."
ACD/Spectrus Processor is the first in the ACD/Spectrus line of products, which will see further releases through 2011. The complete ACD/Spectrus suite will include analytical laboratory workbooks with advanced processing and interpretation capabilities for analytical, chromatographic, and chemical project data; and an enhanced databasing software, enabling research organizations with greater means to extract, retain, and leverage their scientific knowledge.