Agilent Showcases Innovative Laboratory Solutions at analytica China 2016
Product News Oct 10, 2016
Agilent Technologies Inc will showcase its latest innovations at analytica China 2016, the leading Chinese exhibition for laboratory technology, analysis, biotechnology and diagnostics, in Shanghai, Oct. 10–12, 2016. These innovations are industry-leading and are designed to meet the specific needs of the markets Agilent serves, including China. “We innovate with a purpose—our solutions are designed to improve the science and the economics of the laboratory,” said Patrick Kaltenbach, president of Agilent’s Life Sciences and Applied Markets Group.
“For example, our instruments are built with the industry’s top technology, yet designed for ease of use and efficiency, and our software unifies the lab with multi-technique, and multi-vendor capabilities. With every innovation, Agilent’s goal is to deliver the trusted answers and insights customers need to realize superior outcomes.”
Featured Agilent innovation excels customers’ operational excellence:
The recently introduced Agilent Intuvo 9000 GC System will be a feature at analytica China 2016. This innovative solution makes sophisticated gas chromatography (GC) technology easy to use with click-and-run connections that eliminate ferrules, Guard-Chip technology that extends column life, and a trim-free column that eliminates retention time shifts due to column trimming maintenance.
The Intuvo 9000 is ideal for high-throughput contract laboratories, and for labs dealing with difficult sample matrices, in fields such as food, environment, chemical and forensics testing. Customers throughout the world, including China, anticipated these types of operational advancements, and Agilent delivered. With a 50-year history in GC, Agilent is the market leader; and China is the home of the company’s largest GC production line.
Additional Agilent solutions on display that deliver operational excellence include:
• The Agilent 4210 Microwave Plasma-Atomic Emission (MP-AES) Spectrometer, which enables remote elemental analysis. This flexibility opens up new possibilities for applications such as on-site process stream monitoring, as well as river-water and source-water monitoring—one of the key focus areas of China’s 13th Five-Year Plan.
• The latest version of Agilent OpenLAB Chromatography Data System (CDS) Software, which makes complex data analysis simpler, and enables laboratories to manage their entire workflow on a single screen. With advances such as Peak Explorer, additional insights into data sets are revealed that help customers reach critical decisions faster.
• Agilent AdvanceBio Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC) Columns, which deliver excellent peak shape to help biopharma companies achieve reproducible results when analyzing monoclonal antibodies.
Another highlight of analytica China 2016 will be next-generation sequencing. Agilent solutions presented will include sample quality control and automated library preparation. NGS has revolutionized variant analysis by providing single-molecule sensitivity, enabling the detection of rare alleles and those of low frequency, even within highly heterogeneous samples.
Innovations that enhance laboratory efficiency:
Agilent will also demonstrate solutions that improve laboratory efficiency through high performance, reliability and robustness:
• The Agilent 1260 Infinity II Liquid Chromatography (LC) System, which provides easy column handling and superior sample logistics to ensure fast turnaround times and high instrument utilization.
• The Agilent 5110 Inductively Coupled Plasma-Optical Emission Spectrometry (ICP-OES) System that incorporates unique Dichroic Spectral Combiner (DSC) technology, enabling axial and radial view analysis at the same time.
• The second-generation Agilent 8900 Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS) System with controlled-reaction chemistry that delivers the lowest detection limits for previously difficult elements such as sulfur, silicon and phosphorus. This system also includes a fast detector that sets a new benchmark for single nanoparticle applications.
• The Agilent 7010B Triple Quadrupole Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry System that enhances efficiency with the inclusion of Agilent’s patented JetClean self-cleaning ion source. JetClean significantly reduces—or even eliminates—the need for source cleaning.
• Agilent will also showcase a new application kit that enables food-testing laboratories to quickly screen for 189 veterinary drugs regulated by the Chinese Ministry of Agriculture. Additionally, Agilent continues to provide diversified services that improve the digital experience for customers. Recent enhancements include a new China online store that will enable easier purchasing, as well as new online services and learning functionality via WeChat and App.
Representatives from the Agilent CrossLab Group will participate in analytica China 2016 to discuss the full range of Agilent’s laboratory solutions, including Laboratory Business Intelligence, Laboratory Equipment Management, RFID for Inventory Management and more.
“Today, we are even more focused on our customers,” said Mark Doak, president of Agilent CrossLab Group. “We’re partnering with customers to better understand their laboratory and workflow needs, develop and design customized solutions, and deliver differentiated consumables, services and consultative support. We believe these investments in China will enable our customers to achieve better economic, operational and scientific outcomes.” Visit Agilent Technologies Inc. at analytica China 2016 at booth numbers N1.1610 and N2.2102.