Bio-Rad Bulletin Describes Key Benefits of Its ProteinChip SELDI Standardization Suite
Product News Jan 27, 2009
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. has announced the availability of Bio-Rad bulletin 5799 entitled “ProteinChip SELDI Standardization Suite.”
The bulletin describes the key attributes of Bio-Rad’s protein detection family of products that make up the ProteinChip® SELDI standardization suite. The ProteinChip SELDI standardization suite is designed to ensure that ProteinChip SELDI systems provide consistent, reproducible results over time, operators, and locations.
With the ProteinChip SELDI standardization suite, life science researchers can obtain data with confidence through step-by-step training that is provided as part of the suite. The suite also includes upgrades on the latest system parts and software in addition to a kit for the validation of the instrument’s performance.
The ProteinChip SELDI standardization suite includes:
• ProteinChip System Starter Kit: A complete training tool with reagents and video tutorials, users can follow the step-by-step instructions provided by the ProteinChip system starter kit to learn the basics of the system such as reading ProteinChip arrays, profiling human serum, and analyzing the results for reproducibility and peak count. The kit also provides data evaluation tools along with tips and suggestions for obtaining reliable results from the ProteinChip SELDI system.
• ProteinChip Data Manager Software 3.5 Update: This new feature includes automatic analysis and the reporting of results from the three ProteinChip Operational Qualification (OQ) kits, along with providing reduced data analysis and annotation time. The software features an updated installer that facilitates connections to pre-existing databases.
• ProteinChip Operational Qualification Kit: Specifically designed for use in regulated laboratories, researchers can use the ProteinChip OQ kit to perform detector calibration and generate reports to show ProteinChip SELDI system reader compliance to nine operational specifications for sensitivity, resolution, and mass accuracy.
• ProteinChip System Check Kit: The ProteinChip system check kit performs detector calibration and generates reports that prove ProteinChip SELDI system reader compliance to four operational specifications for sensitivity and resolution.
• ProteinChip Detector Calibration Kit: The ProteinChip detector calibration kit provides data that the ProteinChip SELDI system reader uses to automatically stabilize the detector voltage. These adjustments help maintain a constant output over the detector’s lifetime.
• ProteinChip Peptide Mass Calibration Kit: Prepared with matrix and seven calibrant peptides, the ProteinChip peptide mass calibration kit dramatically shortens the time for mass calibration in the peptide region to as little as 10 minutes. Also included in the kit is a CD with the starter kit video tutorial that illustrates the calibration procedure.
• ProteinChip SELDI System Components Upgrade: The ProteinChip SELDI system components upgrade service replaces critical instrument components and subassemblies if they are found to be defective or performing at a lower revision than current factory specifications. The service includes a complete system evaluation, parts installation, calibration, and optimization.
Also included in the bulletin is an ordering guide for the different ProteinChip SELDI standardization suite product, service, and kit options.