GE Healthcare Introduces Nanovue™ Spectrophotometer
Product News Mar 24, 2008
GE Healthcare has announced the launch of NanoVue™, a sensitive UV/Visible spectrophotometer that quantifies DNA, RNA, oligo and protein samples and delivers results in under five seconds.
NanoVue’s speed of measurement is due to the system’s proprietary “drop-and-measure” hydrophobic sample plate and user-friendly in-built software. NanoVue does not require a computer and the user can select pre-defined methods or create their own directly from the systems in-built display.
NanoVue’s sensitivity enables measurements of sample volumes as low as 0.5 µl. The system eliminates the use of cuvettes or capillaries, and is extremely easy to clean, reducing the risk of contamination. Users pipette onto the sample plate, with results delivered in under five seconds. Between reads the sample plate can be simply wiped-clean.
Other features include:
• Up to 90 user-defined methods can be stored with password protection
• Optional built-in printer or output data via USB
• Optional wireless connectivity
• User-friendly calibration – without the need to call a GE engineer
• Small foot-print requiring minimum space