Improved Multimode Biomolecular Imaging with Amersham™ Typhoon™ Laser Scanners
Product News Sep 29, 2016
Amersham™ Typhoon™ biomolecular imagers are the next generation range of Typhoon FLA scanners from GE Healthcare’s Life Sciences business. Four-instruments-in-one, the imagers offer versatile imaging and precise quantitation of fluorescent, color-stained, and radiolabeled biomolecules like proteins and nucleic acids. With sensitive detection down to 3 pg of protein, a combination of phosphor imaging, red, green & blue (RGB) fluorescence, near-IR fluorescence (NIR) and OD measurement are delivered in a single instrument.
Typhoon’s five-laser configuration option and advanced photomultiplier tubes (PMTs) deliver a greater degree of fluorescent multiplexed detection1, and its broad linear dynamic range provides the enhanced sensitivity and accuracy required to detect subtle differences in protein levels2. Phosphor imaging allows for radiolabelled target detection with high sensitivity.
Typhoon can image gels, membranes, multi-well plates, dishes, and tissue sections, and its modular configuration allows detection modalities, stages, detectors and filters to be selected and updated as required.
Amersham Typhoon laser scanner offers:
• Versatility: Image multifluorescent-, radioisotope-labeled, and stained samples on gels, membranes, microplates, culture dishes, and tissue sections
• High sensitivity: Detect signals as low as 3 pg of protein, and differences across a dynamic range greater than 5 orders of magnitude
• High resolution: Pixel resolution as low as 10 µm, with a broad linear signal response
• Visible and near-infrared fluorescence imaging: Use visible or NIR excitation to image a wide variety of fluorophores
• Sample throughput: Large 40 x 46 cm scanning area allows for scanning of 20 gels or blots at the same time
• Ease-of-use: Auto- and semi auto-scan functions, automatic filter recognition, and modular access for multiuser environments.