New UHPLC-MS Workflows Designed for Biopharmaceutical Characterization
Complete the form below to unlock access to ALL audio articles.
“Characterization and quantitation of biomolecules is challenging and scientists require user-friendly instruments and complementary consumables and software to help them develop safe and effective drugs faster,” said John Rontree, senior director of biopharmaceutical marketing, chromatography and mass spectrometry, Thermo Fisher. “We’ve developed application-based analytical workflows that enable our customers to gather more information about novel therapeutics earlier in the research and development process. By offering a complete solution from a single provider, our customers can be confident that their complete characterization is supported by our global service network.”
The complete workflows, which include solutions for everything from sample prep to data analysis, feature the following new instruments, consumables and software:
- The Thermo Scientific SMART Digest Kit is a protein digestion kit for biopharmaceutical applications that require reproducible, sensitive and fast, bottom-up analysis of proteins in high-throughput workflows. Designed to minimize preparation time and variability, the SMART Digest kit facilitates fast and reliable analytical results using a simple three-step, easy-to-implement process that can also be automated. The immobilized trypsin design is formulated to produce high-quality data with reduced sample preparation time compared to traditional in-solution digestion methods.
- The new Thermo Scientific Vanquish Flex UHPLC System is a fully bioinert ultra high performance liquid chromatography (UHPLC) offering that delivers exceptional performance and reliable separations with the flexibility required for labs developing methods ranging from high-throughput analyses to pharmaceutical quality control applications. The Vanquish Flex system is designed for high speed, resolution and sensitivity, allowing researchers who perform biopharmaceutical analyses to obtain high-quality and consistent data. Because it features integrated modularity, customers can mix and match modules depending on the demands of the application. Biopharmaceutical partners already using the system note its ultra-low baseline noise, retention time reproducibility and peak profile reproducibility.
- The Thermo Scientific Dionex Chromeleon 7.2 Chromatography Data System provides a workflow that allows scientists to answer questions that frequently arise during method development.
- The Thermo Scientific MAbPac RP column is designed for analytical chemists requiring high-resolution separation of intact proteins, such as monoclonal antibody (mAb) variants and antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) as well as those conducting high-resolution mass spectrometric analysis of mAbs and mAb fragments. This column addresses the increased need for reliable and rapid characterization of these compounds required for upstream biopharmaceutical development. The MAbPac RP column is targeted for MS and UV detection: its thermal and pH stability yields promote consistent separations, while the polymeric resin has a pore size suitable for mAbs.
- The new Thermo Scientific BioPharma Finder software is designed to provide intelligent batch/lot comparisons to promote consistency and quality throughout. For intact mass analysis, BioPharma Finder uses two deconvolution algorithms to take advantage of the high-quality, high-resolution accurate mass (HRAM) data produced by Thermo Scientific Orbitrap-based mass spectrometers, such as the Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Fusion Lumos Tribrid Mass Spectrometer. For peptide mapping workflows, BioPharma Finder facilitates confirmation of amino acid sequence and identification of the site and type of expected and unexpected post-translational modifications (PTMs), and it provides the relative amount of each modification. Additional features include disulfide bond mapping and low-level impurity identification.