PerkinElmer Unveils Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2006
Product News Mar 14, 2006
PerkinElmer Inc. has announced application-based laboratory solutions and product enhancements for the environmental, pharmaceutical, materials and academic research market segments at PITTCON™ 2006, March 13-15, booth # 2669.
The solutions being showcased include five turnkey Ozone Precursor Analyzer systems for remote environmental air monitoring.
Combining the Clarus® 500 multidimensional Gas Chromatograph with PerkinElmer's recently introduced family of TurboMatrix™ Thermal Desorbers, the systems offer single-tube or automated (50-tube) configurations with either manual or fully integrated programmable pneumatic control (PPC) for reliability for ozone precursor and air toxics analyses.
PerkinElmer is also featuring its latest WinLab32™ for Atomic Absorption software with an integrated Quality Control Charting option to provide customers with a convenient and comprehensive solution for increasing flexibility and productivity.
"Solving complex analytical problems in today's demanding laboratory environments requires innovation, precision and reliability," said Robert F. Friel, president of PerkinElmer Life and Analytical Sciences.
"Our new product introductions and enhancements at PITTCON 2006 will help provide customers with 'smart thinking' solutions to create greater efficiency and accuracy in their laboratories."
Additional product introductions include Jade™ DSC. A member of the Company's Thermal Analysis line of heat-flux Differential Scanning Calorimeters, Jade DSC offers features to expand application capabilities and operating convenience for routine applications, QA/QC and education, including: a liquid nitrogen cooling system to automate low temperature testing; improved baseline flatness and stability to assure accurate measurements; and advances in autosampler control to increase sample throughput and improve productivity.
LABWORKS™ LIMS v5.9 will also be unveiled at the show. The architecture takes LABWORKS' long tradition of highly-configurable systems to a new level of tailoring.
Using an implementation tool kit, users can customize site-specific data structure and presentation of their LIMS. Version 5.9 also includes expanded security features for regulatory compliance with ISO 17025 and other standards.
Other products and services that will be showcased at PerkinElmer's booth at PITTCON include:
- TurboMatrix™ 650 ATD: Incorporating PPC, this thermal desorber is designed to provide analytical performance in an automated sample-tube handling system for unattended analysis of up to 50 samples for monitoring volatile organic compounds, occupational health and safety, and environmental protection.
- TurboMass™ 5.2 GC/MS Software: Assures method compliance and increased productivity in the environmental laboratory with expanded resources for evaluation and reporting Clarus® 500 GC/MS information, including a custom compound list capability that allows operators to run a full batch of samples and select which compounds are to be reported to each individual client.
- The integrated Series 200 HPLC PDA System with IRIS™ Spectral Processing Software: Designed to improve data quality and enhances laboratory workflow through its full suite of functionality and an intuitive user interface protected under a fully 21 CFR Part 11-compliant architecture.
IRIS provides views for peak purity, spectral comparison, library search, signal extraction, and up to 10 chromatographic signals automatically extracted.
- PerkinElmer's Spectrum™ 100 FT-IR and 100N FT-NIR Spectrometers: The gold standard in FT-IR spectrometer performance enables laboratories to achieve the spectral quality and reproducible results.
The series encompasses a broad array of features and advantages, including an improved Universal Attenuated Total Reflectance (UATR) accessory, fiber optic near infrared (NIR) probe, Go Button, and an enhanced version of PerkinElmer's Spectrum and AssureID™ software packages.
- PerkinElmer LAMBDA™ 950, 850 and 650 UV/Vis/NIR and UV/Vis Spectrophotometers: The industry standard for high performance, flexibility and convenience, each model includes the same unparalleled range of modular components and snap-in accessories to tackle the widest range of applications in the industry.
The LAMBDA™ series includes the PerkinElmer Universal Reflectance Accessory (URA): a sampling accessory for absolute reflectance measurements at variable angles that automates angle changes, eliminates alignment issues, and permits instant switching between reference and sample.
- PerkinElmer Spectrum™ Spotlight™ 300 FT-IR Imaging System: Enables rapid extraction and analysis of data on molecular composition from a wide range of materials, from pharmaceutical tablets, to diseased human tissues, to forensic evidence, to the most complex chemical materials.
- AAnalyst™ 200 Touch-Screen-Software: The enhanced software includes sample identification and dilution factors, as well as improved control of the AS-93plus autosampler to help increase flexibility.
- The JANUS™ Automated Workstation: With proprietary Modular Dispense Technology™ (MDT), the workstation is designed to deliver real-time and future adaptability in throughput, capacity and dynamic volume range without compromise in performance or methodology.
- OneSource® Professional Services: Provides the skills and capabilities to make laboratories productive and efficient. Services include: project management; technical support; multi-vendor validation; multi-vendor maintenance; multi-vendor repair; asset management; eLearning programs; and local and international equipment and total lab moves.