Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces HPLC Ion Exchange Columns
Complete the form below to unlock access to ALL audio articles.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is providing biopharmaceutical research laboratories with a new line of ion exchange columns that deliver superior reproducibility, sensitivity and durability for charge-based analysis of therapeutic proteins and separation of full vs. empty adeno-associated virus (AAV) capsids used for gene therapy.
The Thermo Scientific ProPac 3R HPLC column portfolio leverages a novel monodisperse particle platform and state-of-the-art separation power to deliver outstanding lot-to-lot reproducibility and consistent results over the lifecycle of a drug, from research and development to commercialization. The new 3 μm particle size enables a new level of performance with ultra-high resolution of charge variants, improved peak resolution and faster run times.
The portfolio supports strong anion-exchange (SAX) and strong cation-exchange (SCX) column chemistries, each with two column lengths (50mm and 100mm) and two inner diameters (2mm and 4mm).
Key applications: Biopharmaceutical laboratories performing charge variant analysis of therapeutic proteins, including monoclonal antibodies, and separation of full versus empty AAV capsids used for gene therapy
- Compatible with the mobile phases and organic solvents used in biopharmaceutical applications • Designed with bio-inert materials to reduce secondary interactions
- Improved peak-to-valley resolution of charge variants to increase certainty of quantification of critical quality attributes
- Confidence in the detection and identification of new acidic or basic variants during late-stage development
- High sample-loading capacity
- Analytical flexibility for excellent sensitivity and performance under a broad range of pH, temperature and mobile phase compositions as well as MS capabilities