Thermo Scientific Exhibits Latest Food Testing Tools and Services at AOAC 2013
Product News Sep 02, 2013
The food testing community, including manufacturers, importers, independent laboratories, government agencies and researchers attending AOAC’s 127th Annual Meeting and Exposition can address challenging detection and measurement of food contaminants, pathogens and adulteration with next-generation analytical tools and services exhibited by Thermo Fisher Scientific.
“We’re driven by the company-wide mission to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer,” said Dipankar Ghosh, director, environmental and food safety LC-MS, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Ghosh continued, “Food testing is a critical part of these efforts; and we’re demonstrating this at AOAC with instrumentation that delivers new levels of power for challenging analyses. Our new lineup of instruments was also designed for ease of use, making this power accessible to a wider range of customers.”
Visitors to Thermo Fisher Scientific booth 208 at the Palmer House Hilton will see and learn about the following food testing tools and support capabilities:
• The new Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantiva triple-stage quadrupole liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry system, designed to deliver quantitative performance in food testing with attogram-level sensitivity, while offering ease of use and robustness.
• The new Thermo Fisher Scientific Pesticide Analysis Center of Excellence, established to help users worldwide apply the latest technology and expertise to challenging pesticide analysis in food and environmental laboratories.
• Thermo Scientific iCAP Q ICP-MS system devised for reliable, robust elemental analysis and speciation.
• Thermo Scientific TSQ 8000 triple quadrupole GC-MS/MS system intended for routine analyses, including the identification of food and environmental contaminants. The company offers this system configured as a multi-residue pesticide analyzer, bundled with software, consumables, method development tools and pesticide database.
• Thermo Scientific SureTect Real-Time PCR System designed for quick and accurate detection of microorganisms in a broad range of food and environmental samples.
• Thermo Scientific Dionex Chromeleon 7.2 Chromatography Data System software, which now combines separation and mass spectrometry control in an enterprise environment.
• Thermo Scientific Gallery Plus photometric analyzer, a fully-automated system designed specifically for food, beverage, water and soil testing.
• Thermo Scientific Dionex ICS-5000+ Universal High-Pressure Ion Chromatography System, able to analyze samples at capillary, microbore or standard flow rates.
• Thermo Scientific Dionex UltiMate 3000 UHPLC system, capable of operating from nano-flow to rapid separation.
• Thermo Scientific Dionex Corona Veo liquid chromatography detector, designed to make the universal detection benefits of charged aerosol detection accessible with the speed and resolution of UHPLC at sub-nanogram sensitivity levels.