Waters Announces Latest Version of Progenesis QI for Proteomics Software
Product News Jun 09, 2017
Waters Corporation has introduced the latest version of Progenesis® QI for proteomics software, which enables scientists to generate more accurate results in less time.
For many years, Progenesis QI for proteomics software has been the gold standard for discovery proteomics and biopharmaceutical applications, enabling users to quantify and identify proteins in complex samples using the advantages of label-free analysis. This latest version is designed to keep Progenesis QI for proteomics compatible with current MS approaches, while also increasing flexibility and usability.
“At Waters, we take great pride in adapting our technology to meet the evolving needs of our customers,” said Steve Smith, Vice President of Informatics at Waters. “Proteomics and biopharmaceutical applications are constantly changing. This latest iteration of Progenesis QI for proteomics software has the added integration, connectivity and functionality required to keep pace with the new ways that these scientists are looking for insights in their data sets.”
The new features of Progenesis QI for proteomics software include:
- Spectral library searching: Progenesis QI for proteomics currently includes numerous options for database searching, interfacing with 14 different search engines. Now that flexibility has been expanded with the functionality of spectral library searching. Researchers can reclaim time traditionally spent identifying peptides and proteins that have already been verified, leading to more accurate results in less time.
- SONAR Support: SONAR™ is a recently introduced data independent acquisition (DIA) mode for Waters High Resolution Mass Spectrometry (HRMS) instruments which provides additional specificity and clarity to DIA experiments. Data from this highly efficient workflow can now be analyzed in Progenesis QI for proteomics.
- Automatic thresholding for data independent acquisition: It is now possible to utilize automatic peak detection thresholding for MSe, HDMSe and SONAR data. This maximizes the number and quality of protein identifications and saves operational time.
- mzIdentML export: Progenesis QI for proteomics now supports mzIdentML export for Mascot and Ion Accounting searches, as developed by the Proteome Xchange Consortium for public sharing of data sets. This means that researchers can publish their papers in high ranking journals when the uploading of data to Proteome Xchange Consortium is a requirement.
- Proteolabels connectivity: Progenesis QI for proteomics now seamlessly integrates with the Proteolabels software, developed by Omic Analytics. Proteolabels is for quantitative proteomics, supporting studies involving stable isotope labels. Workflows include SILAC (two and three channels) and dimethyl (two and three channels).
- Symphony connectivity: Users can now initiate a Progenesis QI for proteomics experiment within the Symphony™ data pipeline, allowing them to combine the efficiencies and flexibility of Symphony with the of Progenesis QI for proteomics. This means that with a MassLynx® controlled instrument users can acquire data overnight, automatically transfer to a processing PC and initiate data import into a Progenesis QI for proteomics experiment.
The new version of Progenesis QI for proteomics will be available worldwide beginning July, 2017.