Cell line development: accelerating antibody discovery by monitoring titer and glycosylation with the Octet® platform
Featured Product Oct 31, 2019
Commonly used methods for antibody quantitation require either specialized instrumentation and skilled personnel (HPLC) or are time-consuming (ELISA). In contrast, the Octet platform uses Bio-Layer Interferometry (BLI) to detect real-time binding of molecules as a means of quantification or for kinetic analysis. This technology eliminates most sample preparation beyond an optional dilution step.
With the new Sialic Acid (GlyS) Kit from ForteBio, cell lines can be screened earlier and faster for productivity (titer) and sialic acid content.
BLI-based systems are microfluidics-free, which significantly reduces the complexity of the assays. This further eliminates time-consuming cleaning steps and reduces operating costs.
Benefits of BLI technology
• Label-free, real-time results for kinetic characterization and quantitation of binding interactions
• High quality data even from crude samples, such as cell lysates or culture supernatants
• Automated, high-throughput capacity, measuring up to 96 samples in parallel
• Low maintenance due to microfluidics-free assay format
• Non-destructive measurement allows for reuse of precious sample
Read our Application Note to learn how to run more projects and significantly reduce development time of proteins and antibodies.