Honeywell Launches Searchpoint Optima Plus IR Gas Detector with Optional Hart® Output
Product News Jul 09, 2012
Honeywell has announced the launch of a new Searchpoint Optima Plus model variant, which now includes HART® (Highway Addressable Remote Transducer) communications protocol.
Searchpoint Optima Plus is a market-leading Point IR (Infrared) gas detector offering high performance detection of a wide range of Hydrocarbon gases.
With immunity to adverse weather affects such as snow, fog, rain and sunlight, and fail-to-safety operation, Searchpoint Optima Plus provides a flexible monitoring solution that is ideal for a diversity of hazardous applications.
The addition of HART® to this device enables sites using a 4-20mA output to gain value-added functionality without any additional infrastructural wiring costs, because HART® works by superimposing a digital signal on an existing 4-20 mA cable, meaning that no additional cabling is required.
HART® allows users to gain access to full information from Searchpoint Optima Plus anywhere in the loop, helping to save valuable time when carrying out routine maintenance work, because the full scope of work needed can be identified before entering the field.
Using HART® also eliminates the need for proprietary handheld devices because a single handheld HART® communication device can be used to access any HART® enabled equipment on site, delivering further cost savings.
The Value of Searchpoint Optima Plus with optional HART® output
• Flexibility to evolve with process changes: Searchpoint Optima Plus with optional HART® output detects a wide range of Hydrocarbon gases
• Enhances site safety:
- High performance IR Point gas detector offering immunity to adverse weather and fail-to-safety operation
• Reduces operational costs and saves money:
- HART® does not require additional cabling on a 4-20mA output
- HART® removes the need for proprietary handheld devices; a single handheld HART® communication device can be used with any HART® enabled equipment on site
• Reduces maintenance costs
- HART® allows full device information anywhere in the loop, via a handheld HART® communication device, helping to reduce time spent in the field
- Easily accessible device information helps permit preventative maintenance