Optrode – New Sensor from Metrohm for Photometric Titrations According to US and EP
Product News Apr 18, 2012
Whenever a potentiometric determination of the equivalence point is
impossible, but a simple and fast execution of the analyses with the
price advantage of titration (compared to methods like AAS, ICP-AES) is
wished for, the Optrode is the first choice.
Application examples are numerous:
• Photometric titrations according to USP and EP (non-aqueous)
• Determination of the carboxyl end groups (non-aqueous)
• TAN/TBN according to ASTM D974 (non-aqueous)
• Chloride in silicone products (non-aqueous)
• Sulfate determination
• Fe, Al, Ca in cement
• Water hardness (total hardness and Ca/Mg)
• Chondroitin sulfate according to USP
Both new and existing Metrohm titration systems can be equipped with the Optrode. The power supply comes directly via the USB port of a Metrohm instrument (Titrino plus, Ti-Touch, Titrando). In case of older models without USB port power can also be supplied via an optional USB power adapter.