UHPLC Turnkey Kit Facilitates Isohumulone Analysis in Beer Matrix
Product News Oct 08, 2013
Thermo Fisher Scientific has announced the Thermo Scientific™ Isohumulones in Beer Application Kit, a complete UHPLC-based solution to quantitate isohumulones, an important component of beer’s composition.
Isohumulones form approximately 80% of the typical bitternesss in beer and are crucial for good taste and aroma. They also affect the stability of the foam and have an antimicrobial effect.
Analyzing the exact pattern of the various isohumulones in the complex beer matrix presents a challenge that can be met effectively with this new kit.
The new kit includes:
• Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ UltiMate™ 3000 UHPLC system
• Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ Chromeleon™ 7.2 Chromatography Data System software
• Thermo Scientific™ Hypersil GOLD™ column
• All consumables and parts
• eWorkflow templates for online solid phase extraction, data analysis, and reporting