Event Nov 26 - Nov 27, 2018
SMi's 2nd annual Ophthalmic Drugs conference returning to London, takes place at the Copthorne Tara Hotel in Kensington, on the 26th - 27th November 2018.
As the global population ages, the incidence of ophthalmic disorders continues to grow, and thus the interest of pharmaceutical and biotech companies is increasingly focused towards innovation of novel approaches for the development of ophthalmic drugs, driving the growth of the global ophthalmic drug market, which is projected to reach £30 billion by 2023.
Building on last year’s success, this must-attend conference will bring together industry experts to discuss and analyse the latest advancements and challenges within ophthalmic drug development and delivery. Some notable areas of interest have been neuroprotection in ophthalmology, advancements in gene therapy, AMD clinical trial updates, and novel approaches for delivery of ocular drugs. The two-day event will also feature two interactive, half-day post-conference workshops on 28th November 2018, led by twoXAR and Aston University
This Year’s Agenda Highlights Include:
- Discover recent advances in the treatment of glaucoma
- Gain insight into the first FDA-approved gene therapy, developed for the treatment of inherited retinal dystrophy
- Discuss case studies on novel non-invasive and site-specific drug delivery strategies
- Examine the applications of artificial intelligence in drug discovery
- Explore use of biomarkers and surrogate end-points from a regulatory perspective
Chairs for 2018:
- Mitchell de long, Vice President, Chemistry, Aerie Pharmaceuticals
- Naj Sharif, Executive Director and Head, Global Alliances & External Research, Santen
- Majid Anderesi, Associate Group Clinical Director, Ophthalmology, Roche
- Caroline Barelle, CEO, Elasmogen
- Victor Chong, Global Head of Ophthalmology, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Daniel Chung, Clinical Ophthalmic Lead, Spark Therapeutics
- Aniz Girach, Chief Medical Officer, Nightstar Therapeutics
- Peter Morgan-Warren, Medical Assessor, Licensing Division, MHRA
- David Silverman, Clinical Director, Ophthalmology, Roche
View the full agenda here.
- REGISTER BY 29TH JUNE AND SAVE £300
- REGISTER BY 28TH SEPTEMBER AND SAVE £200
- REGISTER BY 31ST OCTOBER AND SAVE £100