CfPIE and MichBio Form Collaborative Training Partnership
News Apr 10, 2013
The Center for Professional Innovation and Education (CfPIE), the global leader of technical training across the life sciences industry and MichBio, the statewide biosciences industry association for Michigan, today announced a partnership that will offer MichBio members a 15% discount off CfPIE’s extensive training curriculum and certification programs.
“Our alliance with CfPIE extends both cost-savings and a quality resource for our members to meet professional development and compliance requirements, while capitalizing on personal career growth opportunities,” says Stephen Rapundalo, PhD, President and CEO of MichBio.
MichBio members will benefit from multiple training formats:
• Two and three-day classroom training that provides detailed topic coverage along with opportunities for one-on-one contact with industry-active course directors
• On-site training that delivers economies for groups, travel savings, content customized to corporate needs, and a consistent experience for all company employees in attendance
• Multi-course certification programs that enable individuals to tailor the qualifying courses of study, leading to certification according to their personal and professional needs
Specific bioscience training courses include: cGMP Quality Principles for Pharmaceuticals, Biopharmaceuticals, Biologics and Medical Devices; CMC Regulatory Compliance for Biopharmaceuticals and Biologics; Preparation of FDA Submission and Communicating with the FDA; and Comprehensive Overview of FDA Regulatory Compliance.
MichBio members will learn how to:
• Better understand regulatory agency expectations and how to avoid pitfalls for development and validation of bioanalytical assays for biologics
• Ensure adherence to CMC regulatory compliance for biologics and biopharmaceuticals
• Appreciate the regulatory challenges of biosimilars, and the FDA, EMA and WHO perspectives on them
• An overview of the FDA’s procedures, guidances and regulatory pathways that affect review of potential products, and how to hold meetings with the agency
Evolution Threatens Efficient Bioproduction Scale-UpNews
The transition towards sustainable biobased chemical production is important for green growth, but productivity and yield of engineered cells frequently decrease in large industry-scale fermentation. According to a new study, the role of evolution has been underestimated in limiting bioprocesses.
Studying Ebola-Host Cell Interaction Helps Find Targets for Antiviral DrugsNews
In some ways, the Ebola virus operates like a vampire; only after it is politely invited in to a host cell does it take up the task of destroying everything in its path. In a new study researchers seek to elucidate quantitatively the biomechanical mechanism of Ebola-host cell interaction, providing potential new targets for antiviral drug development.READ MORE
Insulin Goes Viral: Diabetes and Cancer-causing Mechanisms ExploredNews
Every cell in your body responds to the hormone insulin, and if that process starts to fail, you get diabetes. In an unexpected finding, scientists have identified four viruses that can produce insulin-like hormones that are active on human cells. The discovery brings new possibilities for revealing biological mechanisms that may cause diabetes or cancer.READ MORE
Comments | 0 ADD COMMENT
World Advanced Therapies & Regenerative Medicine Congress
May 16 - May 18, 2018