IMAPAC to Bring Together Over 150 Leading Industry Players
News Feb 19, 2014
For the third consecutive year, IMAPAC will bring together players from the Korean and international biologics and biosimilars industry at the region’s MOST TARGETED biologics and biosimilars platform - 3rd Annual Biologics World Korea 2014 - taking place from 22-24 April 2014 in Seoul, Korea.
The biologics landscape in South Korea is evolving fast, but although the Korean government has made a number of investments to support the local biologics industry, players have mainly focused on biosimilar drugs.
The subject in question now is whether or not Korea can successfully transition from biosimilars to innovative biologics. Although their strong base in biosimilars capabilities can provide a solid technical foundation, there are many aspects of the innovative RnD market that will not develop without focused attention.
“I strongly believe that Korea biotech industry will move forward fast to become a global CMO hub which results in manufacture of own products later,” says Dr. YongJick Kim, Consultant and Former President, Manufacturing and Technical Operations, Celltrion, Korea, who will be speaking at the Biologics World Korea 2014 event on overcoming current manufacturing challenges, ensuring sustainable growth, and overcoming competition from neighbouring countries.
In recognition of current market needs, and different information and the knowledge requirements of players from various biologic backgrounds, Biologics World Korea 2014 will feature 4 separate conferences focused on Biosimilars and Biobetters, BioProcessing, BioAnalytical and BioPartnerships. Each conference will cover specific domain knowledge to stimulate direct relevance, practicality and problem solving.
Key speaking faculty at the 3rd Annual Biologics World Korea 2014 include:
• Paul Coleman PhD, Chief Executive Officer, Hanwha Biologics, Korea
• Daniel D. Adams PhD, Executive Chairman and Global Head of Business Development, Protein Sciences Corporation, USA
• YongJick Kim, PhD, President, Manufacturing and Technical Operations, Celltrion, Korea
• Yariv Hefez, VP Strategic Development, Business Development, Portfolio Management and Partnering (Biosimilars), Merck Serono, Switzerland
• Binhui Ben Ni, PhD, Head of Scouting and Partnering, Sanofi-Aventis, China
• George Wang, President and CEO, Mab-Venture Biopharmaceuticals Co.Ltd, China
• Chong-Hwan Jonathan Chang, PhD, President, New Drug Development Center (NDDC), Korea
• Racho Jordanov, President and CEO, JHL Biotech, Taiwan
• Jin San Yoo PhD, CEO, Pharmabcine, Korea
• Gregory Tewalt, PhD, Vice President Quality and Compliance, Samsung Biologics, Korea
• Lee Cheng Liu, PhD, President and CEO, Erigenix Inc, Taiwan
• Chris Zhisheng Chen,PhD, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Biologics Service, WuXi App Tec, China
• Jeremy Caudill, Global Vice President, Business Development, Samsung BioLogics, Korea
• Sang Hoon Lee PhD, Senior Vice President, Hanwha Biologics, Korea
• Yi Huang PhD, Head, Department of Protein Sciences, Huabo Biopharm Co.Ltd, China
• Sun Lei, PhD, Director Manufacture, AutekBio, China
• Sukhui Kim, Director of Validation, Samsung Biologics, Korea
• Byeong Doo Song PhD, President, Scripps Korea Antibody Institute, Korea
• Madi R. Madiyalakan PhD, Chief Executive Officer, Quest Pharma Tech Inc, Canada
• May Wei, Global Regulatory Stratergist, Bayer Health Care, China
• Jong Shin Yoo, PhD, Director, Korea Basic Science Institute, Korea
• Changlin Dou PhD, Chief Technology Officer, Luye Pharmacy Group, China
• Huiguo (Forrest) Hu, Head of International Business, Shanghai CP Guojian Pharmaceuticals Co Ltd, China
• Suk Mok Lee, PhD, Principal Investigator, Scripps Korea Antibody Institute, South Korea
• Gregory J. Glover, Principal, Pharmaceutical Law Group PC, USA
• Jeffrey Su, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, Cytovance Biologics Inc, USA
Hear what attendees have to say about past Biologics World Korea events:
“The conference was nice as a whole, compact and it was a very interactive meeting.” - Antonio SJ Lee, Associate Director, Business Development and R&D Strategy, Medipost, Korea
“Good diversity of conference programme and well planned.” - Dan Adams, Executive Chairman, Protein Sciences. USA
“High quality presentations, excellent organization. One of the best conferences I attended” - Richard Somberg, Strategic Collaboration Manager, Promega, USA