The Movement of China's Burgeoning Biologics Market
Complete the form below to unlock access to ALL audio articles.
China is undergoing major healthcare reform and the bio and pharmaceutical market is expected to maintain double digit growth of approximately 20% and to be worth over $35 billion by 2015.
It is predicted that this rapid growth will contribute to China becoming the world’s second largest pharmaceutical market over the next three years.
According to ChinaBio, China’s Minister of Health commented that China plans to spend $11.8 billion to increase biopharma innovation in its 13th Five-Year Plan, which covers the period 2016-2020.
That is almost double the $6.3 billion it will spend in the current period, the 12th Five-Year Plan for 2011-2015, bringing its ten-year total to over $18 billion.
Biologics World China - 5-7 November 2012 - in its third year running continues to provide an industry-focused platform in China, bringing together decision makers across C level management, R&D and Manufacturing in the realms of Biologic drugs, Biosimilars, Vaccines and Blood/Plasma products!
Over 300 industry experts will gather to share best practices and exchange perspectives on raising benchmark of quality, stimulating innovation and increasing global competitiveness.
Regulatory guidelines, parameters for biosimilars, case studies on cell lines and process development, scale-up and downstream methodologies, single-use technology and a showcase of novel biologics and vaccines will be featured in the 2012 show.
This conference was developed with the support of our advisory board of the top industry professionals namely Dr Joe Zhou, Chief Executive Officer, Genor BioPharma, China; Dr Su Chen, CEO, Chengdu Kanghong Biotechnology Co., China; Dr Michael Yu, CEO, Innovent Biologics, China; Dr Yining Zhao, Sr. Director and Asia Strategy Lead at Strategic Planning Group, Pfizer’s worldwide R&D; Dr Scott Liu, CEO, Henlius Biopharmaceuticals Inc, China; Dr Li Shi, CEO, Zerun Biotechnology, China and Dr Zhang Zheru, Vice President of R&D, Celltrion, Korea.
International featured speakers include:
• Dr Joe Zhou, Chief Executive Officer, Genor BioPharma, China
• Dr Ke Wu, President and Founder, BravoBio, China
• Dr Michael Yu, CEO, Innovent Biologics, China
• Dr Klaus Kaiser, Senior Scientist, Global Biologics - Biotech Development, Bayer Pharma, Germany
• Dr Allan Riting Liu, Vice President, Wanbang Biopharma, China
• Robert Chen, Senior Director, Global Strategy and Partnering, Genor Biopharma, China
• Dr Saul Mashaal, Chairman, Acertus Pharma, USA and Co-Chair, Vanir BioVice, Singapore
• Zoe Wang, Partner, June He Law Offices, China
• Dr Jin-San Yoo, President and CEO, PharmAbcine, South Korea
• Dr Scott Liu, CEO, Henlius Biopharmaceuticals Inc, China
• Lily Peng, Chairman, Chinese-Taipei Biotechnology Service Association, Taiwan
• Dr Ming Wang, President and COO, Gan & Lee Pharma, China
• Dr Jiang Fei, Research and Development, 3sBio, China
• Jian Dong, Vice President, Shanghai Celgen Bio-pharmaceutical, China
• Dr Yong Yin, CSO, R&D, Shanghai MT Biotech Co. Ltd, China
• Helen Yang, Director Investor Relations and International Business Development, Sinovac Biotech Ltd, China
• Zhao Chao Ming, Chief Executive Officer, China Biologic Products, China
• Dr Feng Li, CEO, Beijing Mab-Works, China