Lonza Establishes Custom Cell Biology Services to Offer Unique Manufacturing and Testing Capabilities
Product News Mar 29, 2019
Lonza has introduced CellBio Services, a comprehensive portfolio of unique, custom solutions designed to meet specific, individual research application needs. Researchers across pharmaceutical and contract manufacturing organizations can now choose from an extensive range of services, including cell-line expansion and banking, media production, cell isolation, cell characterization, transfection services, and 3-dimensional (3D) cell-culture services.
"For many years we’ve been leading the cell research market, with a broad offering of high-quality primary cells, media, reagents and devices," said Andrew Winner, Product Manager for CellBio Services at Lonza Pharma Biotech & Nutrition. "CellBio Services has been established to expand this offering beyond the standard catalog products and beyond what’s currently available on the market. Our customers can now benefit from unique manufacturing and testing capabilities, as well as Lonza’s access to the broadest tissue inventories, to unlock the next level of their research options."
Lonza’s all-inclusive CellBio Services offering comprises:
• Cell-line expansion and banking – cell lines can be expanded up to 10e10 and the cells can be cryopreserved in the preferred format
• Media production – manipulation of Lonza’s catalog media products or production of new media, either in liquid or powder format
• Cell isolation – from a variety of tissues, including human, primate, porcine, canine, feline and murine
• Cell characterization – development of cell-based assays for functional testing of recombinant proteins and small molecules
• Generation of recombinant cell lines – fast and convenient creation of recombinant cell lines overexpressing the gene of interest
• 3D cell-culture services – The patented RAFT™ System is used to generate custom 3D cell culture systems, such as co-cultures and barrier models