ClonePix® 2 Mammalian Colony Picker
ClonePix® 2 Mammalian Colony Picker
Cut Cell Line and Antibody Development Timelines
The ClonePix® 2 Mammalian Colony Picker is a fully automated system for the selection of high-value clones used in antibody discovery and cell line development. Hybridomas, CHO cells, and other cell types are imaged and selected based on user-defined parameters. Plate handling, barcode reading, and picking are all integrated. All data, including images, are saved for downstream analysis. The picker increases the probability of finding optimally produced cell lines and significantly reduces time and labor.
Our users see major improvements both in productivity and overall costs compared to conventional techniques.
Screen more clones in less time
- ClonePix 2 picker is 10x faster than labor-intensive limiting dilution and FACS. Our sophisticated software and integrated robotics enables a picking speed of > 10,000 clones per day.
- Screen and select clones based on protein productivity, antigen-specificity, cell viability, and expression levels of tagged recombinant proteins.
- Picking accuracy < 1 mm. Robotic picking reduces risk of colony disturbance. Images of picked clones are stored with data.
Our engineering team can tailor the ClonePix 2 Mammalian Colony Picker to meet your research challenges*.
ClonePix System with Monoclonality Assurance—ClonePix 2 workflow now enhanced with high resolution single cell imaging capability on day zero. The enhanced ClonePix system automatically screens and picks clones that are both high producing and monoclonal—all in one system.*
- Obtain a comprehensive view of isolated single cells both in XY and Z dimensions on day 0 with the rapid Z-stack acquisition feature, which takes 2,400+ high-resolution, Z-plane images per microwell and rapidly compiles them into an image stack.
- On the day of picking, colonies of interest are identified based on productivity data generated from the enhanced ClonePix system. These colonies’ origins can be traced back to single-cell images from day 0, allowing seamless assessment of a colony’s monoclonality and productivity prior to picking.
- Associating single-cell image data acquired on day 0 to the colony growth allows evaluation of a clone’s origin prior to picking. An algorithm assigns a monoclonality confidence score to all high-value clones. Users can pick clones that are monoclonally derived with confidence.
- This approach can reduce the timelines by half as the need for a second round of cloning to demonstrate clonality is no longer necessary.
- A major roadblock in regenerative therapies is the laborious nature of manually screening through large populations of cells.
- Automating this process allows a greater number of colonies to be screened—increasing both the number of colonies able to be screened, as well as time spent on more technical parts of the discovery process.
- Adapting high-throughput screening technologies to stem cell workflows allows your team to accelerate discovery processes and move your novel therapeutics down the pipeline.
- Accurate, automatic colony picking avoids errors associated with limiting dilution
- Excellent image quality allows for screening of stable, high-producing clones
- Increased productivity of a cell line development workflow
- Reduce screening time from two rounds to one by providing image-based evidence of clonality*
- Rapid Z-stack acquisition feature allows detection of single cells throughout the medium volume, not just a single focal plane, on day 0*
- Simplified workflow from single cell identification and productivity screening with the all-in-one system*
San Jose,CA 95134 USA